Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help in cracking WEP on BT2.

Post Need help in cracking WEP on BT2.

hello!

well..ive seen ur pics abt the tour and its way too cool. with many WRTs. lol.

okay..back to backtrack 2 final.
    i got all the steps needed to crack wep. its juz tat when i use aireplay-ng..it works fine but until sending * packets. it says sending 12345 packets but the #/s and #DATA column in airodump-ng doesnt seem to rise up. it remains at the normal rate at 2 #/s. any solutions?

im using WUSB54G and i believe its prism based. do i really need a atheros based to get the job done?

thnx in advanced.
    (always get fasinated by computers)

Quote Originally Posted by .cAkEnOoB. View Post

im using WUSB54G and i believe its prism based. do i really need a atheros based to get the job done?

thnx in advanced.
    (always get fasinated by computers)
    its a gud card though i hve nt used it bt hve read about it ...

Quote Originally Posted by .cAkEnOoB. View Post

i got all the steps needed to crack wep. its juz tat when i use aireplay-ng..it works fine but until sending * packets. it says sending 12345 packets but the #/s and #DATA column in airodump-ng doesnt seem to rise up. it remains at the normal rate at 2 #/s. any solutions?
    give some details of which type of attack u tried using aireplay...

Try this: slapt-get --install search
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by sin_gage View Post
    its a gud card though i hve nt used it bt hve read about it ...
    I hate to be a jackass but around here if you want a complete answer its best to provide a complete sentence which utilizes all the needed letters. Some of us are old and uncool and do not no haxspeak.

HOLY SHYT! I've typed in all the steps I made just now and clicked Post Quick Reply and it asked me to login again. Damn cookie! Nvrm..guess ill have to do it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late rply. I used the -3 (--arpreplay method). Let me list ALL the steps I took.

1st: I opened up a shell in BT2 and typed in "iwconfig rausb0 mode monitor" to put my card on monitor mode. (mine's rausb0 and its a ralink chipset. NOT PRISM. Sorry for the mistake). Im using WUSB54G v4.

2nd: I typed in "airodump-ng rausb0" to scan for all the APs available. I took down the AP's bssid, the channel and the client's mac.

3rd: I locked into the AP i chose. Typed in "airodump-ng -c [AP channel] --bssid [AP bssid] rausb0 -w cap" to lock it. (Did not use the --ivs coz i wanna crack it with aircrack-ptw) The airodump then started to capture the packets.

4th: While airodump is capturing all the packets..I opened another shell. I typed in "aireplay-ng -0 1 -a [AP bssid] -c [client's mac] rausb0" to deauth the client so tat the AP will generate ARP requests. It then successfully completed the command. (Forgot wad it said exactly but i noe it said successful).

5th: I then typed in "aireplay-ng -3 -b [AP bssid] -h [client's mac] rausb0" to start capturing and replaying ARP packets. I waited for some time for it to capture one and it did. It then start to replay the ARP packets. It said "Send **** packets" and the number keeps increasing. It means that it is successful.

Last: So i went back to the airodump shell. The "#/s" and "#DATA" should rise up pretty quickly at this point of time. To my surprise, it didn't. It kept at the normal rate which is at 0 #/s.

So..that left me confused. I know I've done all the steps correctly and it SHOULD work but it didn't. So..anyone know how to fix this..? Is my adapter (WUSB54G v4 [Ralink chipset]) compatible to inject ARP packets? Or do I need to patch the driver or what so ever? Did I missed any steps or did any steps wrongly? Thnx.

Damn..repeating this thing is so tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Try this: slapt-get --install search
    Thnx swc666 for the command. Successfully installed new packages.

--> Ralink makes some nice b/g chipsets, and has been very cooperative with the open-source community to release GPL drivers. Packet injection is now fully supported under Linux on PCI/CardBus RT2500 cards, and also works on USB RT2570 devices. However, these cards are very temperamental, hard to get working, and have a tendency to work for a while then stop working for no reason. Furthermore, the RT2570 driver (such as that for the chipset inside the Linksys WUSB54Gv4) is currently unusable on big endian systems, such as the PowerPC. Cards with Ralink chipsets should not be your first choice. <--

I got this site : h_t_tp://ww_w.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compatibility_drivers#which_is_the_bes t_card_to_buy.

So..my adapter can support injection. Its driver is RT2500. So..then why it cant work? Myab I should upgrade the driver version? Hmms..

Default assuming alot

Assumptions lead to calamity( I am guilty as anyone). Anyway I have found that your distance from the AP is a crucial factor in a few cases as well as how much tracffic there actually is....if your doing this against your own AP( like a good boy or girl) then range is probably not the issue....you might look for updated drivers but remember if the link is really active you won't need the replay attack, just a little patience, though it is cool to execute one successfully....also if there are many AP's in the area and most on the same channel( most people never change the defaults) that might pose a problem too
    I like to think but the promise of easy answers is hard to pass up
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You know your a geek when binary jokes make you giggle

Quote Originally Posted by circuithead64 View Post
    Assumptions lead to calamity( I am guilty as anyone). Anyway I have found that your distance from the AP is a crucial factor in a few cases as well as how much tracffic there actually is....if your doing this against your own AP( like a good boy or girl) then range is probably not the issue....you might look for updated drivers but remember if the link is really active you won't need the replay attack, just a little patience, though it is cool to execute one successfully....also if there are many AP's in the area and most on the same channel( most people never change the defaults) that might pose a problem too
    I now know what the real problem is. It is the client's or my mac address isn't associated with the AP. Its lack of association. But point is..the client is already associated to the AP. Then why the lack of association?

I tried this command : "aireplay-ng -0 0 -a [AP bssid] -c [client's mac] [device]" to deauth the client from AP but to no use.

I only succeeded one time today to replay the packets and I forgot the step I took. Because I was using try & error method. I tried to use all the commands and I don't know how it worked. When I tried again..It simply won't work. SO the point is..my adapter is NOT the problem. The successful try..the #/s only went up till 100+. Too bad.

Anyone know to solve my prob? Let the pros answer coz i really need solutions not unwise comments by other users. Did i missed or did any step wrongly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast