Thread: What now?

Hybrid View

Default What now?

So i cracked my WEP encrypted network at the place where i work. [its ok...i am network/sys admin of the place]

And i got access to the connection. Now my question is "What Now?"

Could any one give me a brief summisation of the tools that BT2 has that I should be using. e.g. how do i know if anyone else is cracking my wep etc.

Given that there are loads of tools, and i don;t know what any of them do...could anyone relate from their OWN experience which tools they used to get inofrmation about the target network.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcai8rw2 View Post
    So i cracked my WEP encrypted network at the place where i work. [its ok...i am network/sys admin of the place]
    Of course it is and we totally believe you.

And i got access to the connection. Now my question is "What Now?"
    If you don't know then the answer is nothing.

Could any one give me a brief summisation of the tools that BT2 has that I should be using. e.g. how do i know if anyone else is cracking my wep etc.

Given that there are loads of tools, and i don;t know what any of them do...could anyone relate from their OWN experience which tools they used to get inofrmation about the target network.
    Try searching and reading this is all covered in other forum posts and on the wiki.

There is no magic red "H4x0r 1t n0wz" button you actually have to do research and learn. No one is going to hand you the answers on a silver platter if you don't at least attempt to help yourself to the abundance of information around which is exposed by practicing a little search'fu or google'fu.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

virtthemaest

Thorin is right,

Code:
    If you don't know then the answer is nothing.
    look in your default gateway under DHCP lease table will be all the MAC addresses of who's connected (you should know this dude, if your a sysadmin?)
    as for browsing the newly associated LAN that you are now a member of and using someone elses sync I cannot help you because I'm a Junior menber I like this forum and don't want to be kicked off.

"What now?"

Hmmm.....maybe the next step could be reposting using a sensible post title?

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post

There is no magic red "H4x0r 1t n0wz" button

Wait, Wtf. Why did I download this then? I just thought I was blind and couldn't find the damn button. Man...
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!