Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming Express Card Support..?

Question But what about BT2??

I thought you were going to test it out with BT2 rather than Ubuntu?

I don't know if you'll even have madwifi drivers included - or if you install them, which versions? Patched? etc....

There may be all sorts of steps necessary to get the madwifi drivers working properly under Ubuntu, so just for now could you please just boot up BT2 and see if it is detected?

It would make much more sense to start with a common ground for us all (BT2)

Perhaps post an lspci, lsmod, dmesg and even iwconfig outputs if it doesn't work out of the box?
    (just type each one into a console and paste the outputs)

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Default no love...

I did a modprode ath_pci then the ifconfig ath0 up.

I got a good scan from iwconfig scan on the ath0 interface, but after a minute or two I got nothing. The whole time the network manager was going crazy (and my mouse) trying to connect to something.

Should I kill the NM and try to connect manually?

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Tru dat.......

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    I thought you were going to test it out with BT2 rather than Ubuntu?

I don't know if you'll even have madwifi drivers included - or if you install them, which versions? Patched? etc....

There may be all sorts of steps necessary to get the madwifi drivers working properly under Ubuntu, so just for now could you please just boot up BT2 and see if it is detected?

It would make much more sense to start with a common ground for us all (BT2)

Perhaps post an lspci, lsmod, dmesg and even iwconfig outputs if it doesn't work out of the box?
    (just type each one into a console and paste the outputs)

Thanks
    Wasn't even thinking. That's a good idea.

Let me boot up BT2 and see what's up.

Developer

I agree backtrack is a much better test platform. Also in ubuntu you realize make install must be done a root.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    I agree backtrack is a much better test platform. Also in ubuntu you realize make install must be done a root.
    Yes. Actually, it won't complie if you don't.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs down dv9000t and dv5000 tests

My dv9000 produced little output - lspci didn't even spit out any info unless I added -h 1. I will post what little info it had later on.

My wife's dv5000 gave me some output. Everything was very sluggish the whole time - notibly slower if anything directly tried to access the wifi card.
    The wireless manager did show networks from the interface, but refused to connect to any of them.

Attached is a zip of the outputs.

I've left a message on the ubiquiti forums asking them how they got the card working in linux. hopefully, this will shed some light on the situation.

EDIT: Sorry, for some reason dmesg output didn't pipe to the text file. I will update.

Well update me?
    Have you git any answers yet?

Well i have decided to order a Ubiquiti SRX for Express Card slot so we finally i can test how it works with Backtrack.

I will open a new thread later and describe how it works.

NOTE: I am not very good at Linux so a little help later would be fine if it shows up some problems.

Reegards Jacob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12