Thread: Hardware compatibility question: Asus A7S

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Hardware compatibility question: Asus A7S

Hi All,

I've checked out the laptop compatibility list elsewhere on this site, and this machine (A7S) is not listed.

The A8JS is listed, however, as are other Asus laptops. In general the Asus machines are shown to run fine, with maybe one install tweak. The internal wireless is not too much of an issue, as if it doesn't work properly, it will be turned off and a PCMCIA card used.

So, in a more general sense, if no-one has actually run on this machine, is people's experience that if a range from a manufacturer tend to work, do new ones generally pose no issues?

Many thanks in advance!

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRinse View Post
    Hi All,

I've checked out the laptop compatibility list elsewhere on this site, and this machine (A7S) is not listed.

The A8JS is listed, however, as are other Asus laptops. In general the Asus machines are shown to run fine, with maybe one install tweak. The internal wireless is not too much of an issue, as if it doesn't work properly, it will be turned off and a PCMCIA card used.

So, in a more general sense, if no-one has actually run on this machine, is people's experience that if a range from a manufacturer tend to work, do new ones generally pose no issues?

Many thanks in advance!
    Thats the best part about a live cd you can test drive before committing to a hard drive install. Unless your shopping for a new laptop and you want to be sure it will run slax linux the n who cares. Down load it and find out. Once you've tried it and if you get some error s then we can try to help.

Just burned his ISO

Hi Purehate,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I was interested in it because of the former reason, i.e. shopping for new laptops. I have selected an Asus one, mainly because they're fairly cheap for what you get (and I was after a fairly high spec as I want to run entrust on it too) and the other Asus' listed on the compatibility list don't seem to have too many issues with BT.

Thanks!