Thread: Does Kali come pre-packed with native support for the rt73 wireless usb with Reaver?

Just burned their ISO

Default Does Kali come pre-packed with native support for the rt73 wireless usb with Reaver?

I ask because I have been trying to stress test a Sky AP and I am not having much luck in Kali (which could be seen as a good thing :P).
    I have been able to place my rt73 (Ralink 2573 USB) into monitor mode and I was able to try a couple of pins through Reaver but there were a multitude of errors along the way and after around 5 pin attempts it failed completely.
    So next I tried to use the "wash -i mon0" command only to receive "[!] Found packet with bad FCS. Skipping..." on an endless loop. I can't see it being a driver issue because I was able to send a few pins, but then again I can't figure out any other reason so far so I'm hoping some of you guys can help me out on this one.

Btw, sorry that this is about Kali but I couldn't find any support for it just yet

Default Re: Does Kali come pre-packed with native support for the rt73 wireless usb with Reav

http://www.kali.org/

Look around here there are forums and documentation.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Default Re: Does Kali come pre-packed with native support for the rt73 wireless usb with Reav

Try it, my friend..Do not expect a "All hardware works out of the box" thing..This is Linux. OS is based on wheezy, sid and experimental..It is a hybrid system as known among Debianists.

So I think lots of hardware that did not work in BT5r3 might work in Kali..But need to test it..It has a very high kernel version and packages versions belong to testing, sid and experimental.

Test it my friend.