hey people, im not sure if this is the right place eithier but im starting to run out of options and really need help........
this is the first time ive used linux (tried), and the first time ive ever joined a forum so please bare with me.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1501
Xp Home edition
Service pack 3
Mobile AMD sempron

(not sure what other info you need but pls ask)

My problem is: i have downloaded vmware workstation and was planning on running backtrack 4 on a virtual machine. i have followed many tutorials and everything goes smothly untill i start the vitual machine.

On every tutorial i have watched after the virtal machine is started the backtrack 4 screen loads up but on my screen it says

[minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists the possible completions of a device/filename.]

grub>

here are my vmware settings, once again im not sure if i have given enough info but pls ask

[IMG=http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/2097/vmware3.png][/IMG]

Now i understand that this could be a really stupid question and there could be a tutorial out there for me but i'm hoping someone could help or even point me in the right direction. I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge

peace