Thread: BT5R3/KDE/64bit with "full" disk encryption won't boot after kde package upgrade

Just burned his ISO

Question BT5R3/KDE/64bit with "full" disk encryption won't boot after kde package upgrade

So I have BT5R3/KDE/64bit with "full" disk encryption installed via the tutorial in the "How To" section. After install, it said that there was an update for the KDE package or something along those lines, I don't remember verbatim. Anyway, I confirmed the update and now after booting and entering the password, it hangs on "starting network configuration" for about 1 minute, then hangs on "stopping kernel..." I don't remember exactly. I tried out google but I found nothing pertinent. I can't be the only who has had this issue can I?

Default Re: BT5R3/KDE/64bit with "full" disk encryption won't boot after kde package upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by EStyles View Post
    So I have BT5R3/KDE/64bit with "full" disk encryption installed via the tutorial in the "How To" section. After install, it said that there was an update for the KDE package or something along those lines, I don't remember verbatim. Anyway, I confirmed the update and now after booting and entering the password, it hangs on "starting network configuration" for about 1 minute, then hangs on "stopping kernel..." I don't remember exactly. I tried out google but I found nothing pertinent. I can't be the only who has had this issue can I?
    Network Manager must start with sysstem if you want to use internet and other network based stuff....

can you provide more details...
    Does your system boots to the GUI?
    Do you recieve msg Karnel Panic?

you can uninstall previous installation that maybe make problems for your system....

# apt-get remove (name of the package) or
    # apt-get autoremove ( to uninstall unused progrmas )