Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ****A question about installation of Backtrack.Help a noob please****

Just burned his ISO

Default ****A question about installation of Backtrack.Help a noob please****

Just downloaded Backtrack 5R3 .It took 2 days.
    Then afterwards I cant find the iso file while installing it in Vmware Player.
    It turns into some folders.
    Where is the iso image?
    Please help me guys.I want to install it in vmware but cant find the iso image :'(

Please tell me how to install it in Vmware because I cant find the iso file. Or is there any other way of doing it? If yes please tell me.

Here is a pic :- http://i.imgur.com/HZISX.png
    Immagini allegate Immagini allegate

Default Re: ****A question about installation of Backtrack.Help a noob please****

if you need an iso, download the iso from the downloads page. I'm guessing you downloaded the vmware image type. You need to do some research on how to use vmware. Keep in mind, Backtrack is NOT a beginners linux distribution.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Default Re: ****A question about installation of Backtrack.Help a noob please****

You need to download the vmware image type. It is in the download page..If have done it already, then need to do as deadalus1776 is telling you...Refer to the vmware homepage and see how to install...

Luck.
    Last edited by maverik35; 02-20-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Just burned his ISO

the downloaded bt5r3 must be in one single .iso file. u might accidentally extract the .iso file when it opens in archiever like winrar or 7zip. Download the .iso file again if necessary and do not extract it or open it. Then try it with VMware. It should work fine.

this tutorial might help u
    How to install Backtrack 5 and VMware

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsvm View Post
    Just downloaded Backtrack 5R3 .It took 2 days.
    Then afterwards I cant find the iso file while installing it in Vmware Player.
    It turns into some folders.
    Where is the iso image?
    Please help me guys.I want to install it in vmware but cant find the iso image :'(

Please tell me how to install it in Vmware because I cant find the iso file. Or is there any other way of doing it? If yes please tell me.

Here is a pic :- http://i.imgur.com/HZISX.png
    I have the same problem and i dont want to use vmware so please tell me what to do now

Quote Originally Posted by arpit View Post
    I have the same problem and i dont want to use vmware so please tell me what to do now
    Quote Originally Posted by daedalus1776 View Post
    if you need an iso, download the iso from the downloads page. I'm guessing you downloaded the vmware image type. You need to do some research on how to use vmware. Keep in mind, Backtrack is NOT a beginners linux distribution.
    Did you even read the responses?

daedalus1776 could of not made it more simple.

You have spent 2 days downloading the WRONG ONE.
    If you dont have VMWARE and dont want to use VMWARE dont download the version for it.

You want the ISO, so you can do non VMWARE related things.

If you dont understand ISO and VMWARE you should probably leave and use windows or something

Just burned their ISO

if you use firefox for download any files can check inside of firefox : Download and you will see where is your fille
    if you have windows :try to search fille :*.iso -you will have result in short time
    In another OS i don't know how can search one file inside of OS .

1) Bash head into wall

2) Repeat until bloody

V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..[quote]I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. [/quote]

Just burned their ISO

Exclamation Re: ****A question about installation of Backtrack.Help a noob please****

my installing is not moving forward after sellection keyboard option ,, stage 3
    some one kindly help
    my version is BT5R3 64 bit ..... i am installing it with usb on windows 7 thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast