Thread: Looking for a new wireless card and gpu. Suggestions?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Cool Looking for a new wireless card and gpu. Suggestions?

I am looking for a new wireless PCIe 1x card that is capable of injection and with aircrack-ng. All of the ones I have found links to on aircracks' site seem to be older cards and hard(er) to find.
    If anyone has experience with any newer cards, I'd appreciate the input. I've been looking at the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 in particular but have not heard about the compatibilty of the Atheros AR9380 chipset. I hear that Atheros tends to do well and would like to test it out, but am unsure of this particular one.

I am also looking for a new gpu that will be used for bruteforcing. I have been using an ATI XFX Radeon HD5850 which has worked well. I'm looking to spend about $500 and am wondering whether there is much difference between the capabilities of ATI vs AMD.

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    Water Cooler: Corsair Hydro series H100
    PSU: OCZmxsp700
    CPU: Intel core i7 3770 @3.4GHz
    GPU: XFX Radeon HD5850 (for now)
    RAM: Patriot Viper 3 2x8GB 1866

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Looking for a new wireless card and gpu. Suggestions?

I'm not sure about the new ar9380's they have almost identical architecture to the 9280 but with an extra stream. I have a 9280 and it is amazing. Atheros chips have excellent compatibility.
    so good that i installed them in all 3 of my computers. Every possible feature backtrack offers works great on them.

For GPU acceleration i would recommend Nvidia, as i believe even slower nvidia cards work much better than ATI cards and are more compatible. Otherwise the more streaming processors the better.