Thread: [Help] How to use Huweai E1750c Modem( USB Data card) Internet on backtrack 5

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy [Help] How to use Huweai E1750c Modem( USB Data card) Internet on backtrack 5

Hello guys,

I am very n00b in linux ..I want to Use my internet with my " Aircel huweai E1750c Unlocked Modem( USB Data card) on backtrack 5..version is 2.6.38..

I made bootable live cd of backtrack with USB..& booting with my pen drive..i tried varios methods but not able to understand how to make it work ?

I also want to make it work in virtual box too..still Net is not working ? Please help me what should i do with n00b friendly ? because i want learn linux & backtrack but not getting internet connection

The following info i got with "lsusb" command in backtrack5..

Code:
    Device 002: ID 12d1:1446 Huawei Technologies co.ltd

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: [Help] How to use Huweai E1750c Modem( USB Data card) Internet on backtrack 5

here's how i made it work..

you mightve installed the usb in windows.. the software is Mobile Partner.. a GUI which allows you to connect to the internet (and make voice calls optionally)..

1. for live cd, you need to find linux drivers for your usb device.. i downloaded mine some time ago but cant remember the link.. search for "mobile partner linux" on google and im sure youd be able to find a hit.. download, untar and then install the package.. once done, start up the mobile partner GUI.. youd need to create a new connection profile.. itll prompt you for username, password, calling number, etc.. boot to your windows, fire up the windows mobile partner GUI, edit its profile and note the values.. then boot to the live cd.. and set up a mobile partner profile with the same values.. click connect and youll have internet working..

2. for windows VM install, you dont need to install anything if youve installed Mobile Partner first and VM software afterwards.. existing internet connections appear as wired connections in WiCD.. launch it and youll see a wired connection.. connect to it and youll be set to go..

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: [Help] How to use Huweai E1750c Modem( USB Data card) Internet on backtrack 5

NOT ABLE TO FIND DRIVER
    I just googled it but cant find any link on which I can find driver, so can can you plz give me the link for driver.