Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BT5 to BT6 Kali Linux

Default Re: BT5 to BT6 Kali Linux

Some have expressed they would like a KDE Version of Kali. So I present to you KDE Kali Linux 32Bit. I built it as described in the documentation. Please Enjoy!
    http://charonsecurity.com/i386_KDE_K...IT.iso.torrent
    I will seed indefinitely but I ask for your help in seeding. Thank

Edit* Just a heads up. For some reason the LiveCD of KDE is missing several components for reason I don't know why as of yet. Such as the networking manager, firefox, perhaps a few others. Other Tools are there. So I'm not sure where I went wrong if I did or I am just missing something and nothing is wrong. I'm about to do a fresh install to disk and see what happens.

Edit2* Ok so the install to disk seems to work fine. Networking is working, though Wicd has to be installed and also you have to add to the sources list. as there is only one entry. You can use this thread http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...APT-Repo-s-FIX .

Also no firefox still, so will have to install that manually it seems.

I must apologize that this ISO is not perfect, so please don't rely on it, just my attempts to follow the guide to build it to work with KDE. Though, minor inconveniences it's fairly easy to fix the broken parts. I suggest for a LiveUSB to make it persistence to apply the customizations you would like. Hopefully sometime down the line an Official KDE Kali will be released.
    Last edited by charonsecurity; 03-16-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Just burned their ISO

Talking Re: BT5 to BT6 Kali Linux

Forget about firefox its included but its name in Kali is iceweasel, check it out. The same interface, may do the same
    goodies.
    But to watch Utube must separately install flash, but it is very easy.
    Nice work and best wishes in Your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by charonsecurity View Post
    Some have expressed they would like a KDE Version of Kali. So I present to you KDE Kali Linux 32Bit. I built it as described in the documentation. Please Enjoy!

Edit* Just a heads up. For some reason the LiveCD of KDE is missing several components for reason I don't know why as of yet. Such as the networking manager, firefox, perhaps a few others. Other Tools are there. So I'm not sure where I went wrong if I did or I am just missing something and nothing is wrong. I'm about to do a fresh install to disk and see what happens.

Edit2* Ok so the install to disk seems to work fine. Networking is working, though Wicd has to be installed and also you have to add to the sources list. as there is only one entry. You can use this thread http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...APT-Repo-s-FIX .

I must apologize that this ISO is not perfect, so please don't rely on it, just my attempts to follow the guide to build it to work with KDE. Though, minor inconveniences it's fairly easy to fix the broken parts. I suggest for a LiveUSB to make it persistence to apply the customizations you would like. Hopefully sometime down the line an Official KDE Kali will be released.

Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charonsecurity View Post

hi
    charonsecurity many,many,many,many APPRECIATED
    many thanks bro!

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

I do not see any KDE version in the official Kali Linux download page..So if it has not been releaed yet from Kali team, you might want to stick to the official download.

Anyway, you can switch from gnome to kde, but do it if you know what you are doing, many dependencies will remain broken since KDE uses QT based-packages and gnome GTK+. Both are metapackages (KDE and Gnome).

You might end up reinstalling Icewease, networkmanager, etc.

I see many poeple desperate for the Kali release..I do not understand why...

They think things will be more "Automatic"?...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Read the forums at Kali webpage....

By the way, a HUGE EFFORT from Kali team, putting up such a distro...Congratulations!!!!!
    Last edited by maverik35; 03-17-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maverik35 View Post

By the way, a HUGE EFFORT from Kali team, putting up such a distro...Congratulations!!!!!
    Agreed +1 the Kali Team! I am very happy with their release. Gives me new things to learn and enjoy. For me its like playing with a new toy hehe

Quote Originally Posted by maverik35 View Post
    I prefer Kali because it's based on Debian while Backtrack is based on Ubuntu which in turn, is based on Debian. And from my little experience with Kali, it seems more stable and lightweight than Backtrack. Just my 2 cents.

Just burned their ISO

thanks for getting me psyched up about it ... www.kali.org

Just burned their ISO

I had download and install the version posted by Charonsecurity - it looks great, A BigThanks
    to charonsecurity

but having some difficulties:

Can anybody let me know how install "wicd" in kali i386 KDE?

It come with no network manager, so I can not connect to the internet and install it via apt-get

I had try in many ways, but keep getting errors

There is no web browser too, I have search for 'iceweasel' but could not find it

Thanks guys

No worries man! Yeah I actually have another thread going about the issues and resolutions with this KDE Kali. http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...g-KDE-Kali-x86

I will be updating that thread every now and then with other things that may arise and the solutions I have found. Also a big thanks to the community as well for helping me out as well! I hope its what you are looking for

Just burned their ISO

Thanks so much for your answer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast