Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wireless HCL Thread

Default Re: Wireless HCL Thread

Dark-Show,

Perhaps I have a more recent AR9825. Mine is only a couple months old in an Eeepc 1005HA. But, you may want to try a few things....it could be your router for example. Try substitution. Try another wifi card.....and try another router. Good luck!

A

Quote Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
    I always thought 35 was the max power for the alfa not 27.
    Having said that i have needed to put it past 20.
    27dbm = 500mw
    35dbm = 1000mw

Depends on what version you have. I for one don't no, so i just stuck with 500mw to be safe. From what ive read 1000mw cards only provide a 7% increase. Which asks the question is it really worth me trying to run it at 35?

30dm is one watt. by the way, some french 036H enthusiasts have tested the Alfa and found diminishing actual power and potential Alfa damage by going much over 15dbm.

A

Just burned his ISO

Angry Re: Wireless HCL Thread

My Linksys WUSB54GC (ver1 rt73) is not working as well as it did on BT3. It's not injecting anywhere near as well as it did.

A couple of tweaks that I used to execute to improve performence are no longer wokring on BT4 due to the mac80211 instead of ieee drivers switch. Does anyone know how to get them running again?

these tweaks were:
    iwpriv rausb0 forceprism 1
    iwpriv rausb0 rfmontx 1

In addition, both these commands reported here do NOT work on my Linksys with the mac80211 drivers:
    iwpriv wlan0 highpower 1
    iwconfig wlan0 txpower 27

all iwpriv commands report back "wlan0 no private ioctls." and iwconfig txpower replies with an error:

Error for wireless request "Set Tx Power" (8B26) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

I've tried to increase power using "iw reg set XX" (B0, US...etc), it has no effect what so ever on my reported power in iwconfig. I've also tried reverting back to the old ieee drivers using the switching method mentioned here, but that didn't work either.

I'm out of ideas here, I think BT4 is awesome but If I can't get it running atleast as good as BT3 then what's the point. Anyone have any clue what am I doing wrong here?

I add my post here too, maybe it's useful to have all wireless cards in one thread:

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...g-working.html
    Great minds have purposes, others have wishes

Just burned his ISO

I have tested managed and monitor mode on both of my WiFi nics

Firstly an old card I bought for bt2.
    Xi-626, prism2.5
    Netgear wg111 v3, hostap

Just burned his ISO

ZyXEL G-202 USB wireless adapter

I acquired one of these recently as it was bundled with an ADSL router that a client had ordered, and they had no use for it. I tested it with BT4final and it seems to work perfectly with full feature set. It goes into monitor mode easily and injection works fine.

No idea what price they sell for standalone, but this is the model:

G-202 - Works with IEEE 802.11g WLAN Standard Device - ZyXEL Product & Solution

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by digitelle View Post
    Linksys (Cisco) Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter (WUSB54GC) - managed and monitor working, but like the AWUS036H, should to be amped up to increase distance.

Atheros AR5B93 - managed and monitor modes work great, possibly faster than the AWUS036H but I haven't timed it.

Do you recall what version WUSB54GC you have?

I have ver3 (Black one), i thought i ordered ver1 (silver rt73) but they sent me ver3 (black) instead. Not sure if that one is supported yet. Havn't had much luck with it either, and i've tried ndiswrapper but still no dice. I'm going to give serial monkey a try when i get home today.

Just burned his ISO

For those who want to know about the WUSB54GC v2

The stick worked fine in BT3, only I remember that I installed new drivers for it.
    See this page: rt73 [Aircrack-ng]

I can confirm that the stick is working, with the arpreplay injection. Others like interactive attacks are failing here.

Just burned his ISO

To get this device to inject over a greater distance then a couple of meters i had to use these commands to bump it up from a txpower of 5dbi (3mw) to 27dbi (501mw)

Code:
    iwpriv wlan0 highpower 1
    iwconfig wlan0 txpower 27
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks for this tip, man. Went from detecting 5 AP's from a stationary position, to 15 AP's. Not bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast