Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless HCL Thread

Hybrid View

Default Wireless HCL Thread

AR9285 (ath9k) good in managed and monitor/injection modes.

AWUS036H (r8187 and rtl8187) both good in managed and monitor/injection modes. Tx iwpriv power setting under r8187 works well.

WUSB54G V4 (Ralink 2570) good in managed and monitor/injection modes

AWLL3026 (zd1211rw) good in managed and monitor/injection modes

Intel 4965 (iwlagn) managed mode only (as expected). Must still use the famous wpa supplicant approach for full aircrack-ng capability.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR WIRELESS CHIPSET RESULTS TO THIS THREAD.

EDIT: Dark-show,

It takes days to get my reply post thru the system so let me answer by editing my initial post.....and hope you see it. Yes, it was an AR9285 that I had tested. I retested with the full wepcrack process and it works fine for me. In your case, though, you may be looking for more complete or subtle data?

Let me know if I can do a test for you to see if I get the same problem you do....

A
    Last edited by alacrityathome; 01-15-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Delay in reply post being processed.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Wireless HCL Thread

do you mean the AR9285? if not ill be testing it as soon as i get backtrack downloaded.

EDIT:

ive tested bt4f and to my demise my AR9285 card in my toshiba NB200 still shows alot of unreadable corrupted data when in monitor mode, injection works perfectly but when trying to capture the data things like client probes and such give untrustable data. ive read this is due to the card itself not throwing away corrupted packets. if anybody has any fixes for this please tell me where to find them or atleast point me in the right direction.
    Last edited by Dark-Show; 01-15-2010 at 03:31 AM.

Dark-Show,

Thanks for catching that. Yes, it should be AR9285 which is the wireless chipset in my Eeepc ASUS 1005HA. I rechecked and it goes thru the standard cracking processes ok: monitor scanning, association with AP, and aireplay-ng commands, high injection rates.....leading to a successful wep crack.

Let me know if you want me to check something specific for you with the AR9285.

A

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by alacrityathome View Post
    Dark-Show,

Thanks for catching that. Yes, it should be AR9285 which is the wireless chipset in my Eeepc ASUS 1005HA. I rechecked and it goes thru the standard cracking processes ok: monitor scanning, association with AP, and aireplay-ng commands, high injection rates.....leading to a successful wep crack.

Let me know if you want me to check something specific for you with the AR9285.

A
    hm, well when i put it into monitor mode using mon0 interface and capture on (in my case) channel 11 i get my AP. so i let it go and all seems well but im getting like 20 clients associated with my AP all with (mostly) the same MAC but one or 2 chars different, so im thinking its corruption. is it possible you have a revised AR9285? also if i watch the name of my own access point for a min or 2 i seen random chars in it change then change back as if going corrupt. Note this is on Toshiba's NB200.

Dark-Show,

Perhaps I have a more recent AR9825. Mine is only a couple months old in an Eeepc 1005HA. But, you may want to try a few things....it could be your router for example. Try substitution. Try another wifi card.....and try another router. Good luck!

A

Just burned his ISO

how about WUSB54GC (not the WUSB54G) ? anyone here have tested ?

Quote Originally Posted by iniemailsaya View Post
    how about WUSB54GC (not the WUSB54G) ? anyone here have tested ?

iniemailsaya,

Download the BT4 Final ISO, burn it to a DVD, boot up your PC with BT4 Final ..... and let us all know how well your WUSB54GC flys.

A

ALFA Networks AWUS036H

Injection is working very well. 2 minutes to collect 20,000 IVs and successfully cracked the WEP key

Can only assume WPA is working as well, do not have my laptop with me to test a deauth attack.

Goes into monitor mode, although does not create mon0

Code:
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    NOTE

To get this device to inject over a greater distance then a couple of meters i had to use these commands to bump it up from a txpower of 5dbi (3mw) to 27dbi (501mw)

Code:
    iwpriv wlan0 highpower 1
    iwconfig wlan0 txpower 27

Just burned his ISO

Linksys (Cisco) Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter (WUSB54GC) - managed and monitor working, but like the AWUS036H, should to be amped up to increase distance.

Atheros AR5B93 - managed and monitor modes work great, possibly faster than the AWUS036H but I haven't timed it.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by digitelle View Post
    Linksys (Cisco) Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter (WUSB54GC) - managed and monitor working, but like the AWUS036H, should to be amped up to increase distance.

Atheros AR5B93 - managed and monitor modes work great, possibly faster than the AWUS036H but I haven't timed it.

Do you recall what version WUSB54GC you have?

I have ver3 (Black one), i thought i ordered ver1 (silver rt73) but they sent me ver3 (black) instead. Not sure if that one is supported yet. Havn't had much luck with it either, and i've tried ndiswrapper but still no dice. I'm going to give serial monkey a try when i get home today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast