First off would like to say this forum is great. The amount of information here is staggering.
I have a panasonic cf-29 toughbook which of course has the IPW-2200 ABG wireless card.
I honestly have the card working...at least as much of it that will function anyway.

MY question is this? I have seen it referenced a time or two about how to turn the TX power up on these cards. I have edited the proper files with what is needed...the filepath is "/lib/modules/3.2.6/build/drivers/net/wireless/ipw2200/ipw2200.h". have done rmmod ipw2200, then modprobe ipw2200 to reload the modules and for some reason the power levels are not increasing even though the file itself is showing it has the power level i set. Im sure i have done something to mess it up where it is not doing what is supposed to or perhaps i just haven't edited the file in the proper place yet. Any help to try and see if this is possible or not still would be great.... All the references to changing the TX-power levels that i have found are all on older drivers for this wireless card. Have not been able to find any info on this on the newer cards as of yet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.