Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to convert BT2 to slackware 12 HDD install

Default well done sir.

Nice work am going to try this out shortly. Thank you for posting this useful information.

-free
    15" MBP 8 gigs o ram 256 gig SSD in drivebay + 256 gig 5400 HD
    1000HE EEE 30 gig SSD 2 gigs Ram

I have always found slackware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/slackware/ to be very fast, ftp or http...

E
    dd if=/dev/urandom of=/mybrain

Developer

So my kerel is loaded and drivers installed and I'm on the net with slackware 12. I'm a little lost at the kernel update part because I've never done it but I'm getting ready to learn how. Just a side note I had a few issues so you you are a linux n00b you should probably hold out for bt 3

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

I have always found slackware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/slackware/ to be very fast, ftp or http...
    They are right going into one about the usage of their mirror and keep telling people to use other mirrors and be kind to their's lol!!!

So my kerel is loaded and drivers installed and I'm on the net with slackware 12. I'm a little lost at the kernel update part because I've never done it but I'm getting ready to learn how. Just a side note I had a few issues so you you are a linux n00b you should probably hold out for bt 3
    Hey I'm a linux newb !!! My first sniff of linux was in September when I was looking for a good livecd to use for my uni course. Now I've deleted windows What issues did you have purehate?? Let me knwo and I'l see if I can add any more to the guide.

Oh and if everything is working with 2.6.21.5 there is no need to update to a new kernel. Only manually update if you have problems with 2.6.21.5

Cheers for the feedback

Developer

So if my kernel and hard warework there is no need to update the kerel. I assumed that but didnt know. Well i got sound, mouse, usb, graphics, cd/dvd and function keys. i got my alfa drivers up and running. only issues so far are I seem to have lost my battery meter(who the f&*k cares!) and I'm having a hard time finding and installing the ipw3495 drivers. This is my internal card but I do use it just to surf the net. I tried to follow the sourceforge instructions but they seem to be outdated for newer kernals. All in all though Its a great tut and these small issues are nothing I cant iron out.

Hey purehate

No battery meter is down to acpi. try adding append "acpi=on" to lilo but dont know if this will work. If not its a manual setup of a kernel.

as for IPW3945 try the drivers here http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8360

EDIT:

Confirmed IPW3945 works with @exitonly's drivers I even have patched my drivers for injection and everything is AOK. You don't want any more screenshots do you??? lol

Developer

okay I'll try it when I get home from work. BTW No screenshots are not helpful <sacasm here>. I do apreciate your help though dr. green

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_GrEeN View Post

Confirmed IPW3945 works with @exitonly's drivers I even have patched my drivers for injection and everything is AOK. You don't want any more screenshots do you??? lol
    So it's possible to patch ipw3945 drivers for injection instead of the difficult ipwraw drivers?

To Purehate:
    Installing ipw3945 in a nutshell: kernel 2.6.22.x & install ieee80211 & ipw3945 (need to only untar both packages, "make && make install")
    ExitOnly@

-----------------------------------------------------
    Learn to live, but live to learn, eh?

Developer

thanks exitonly and dr.green. I tried to recompile to kernal .9 but I guess I missed the part about copying the old bt configs so i just went through and did the best i could not a good idea. So i got a kernal panic and all kinds of other problems so I'm starting over. Its no big deal I started the project with a freh install so nothing lost. will report back later although it seems every thing works great.

Sorry I didn't mean injection I ment monitor mode If you want you IPW3945 to be able to sniff traffic you need to enable this in the makefile.

Go into the driver folder and before you compile edit :

# NOTE: If you have problems compiling due to IW_MODE_MONITOR not being
    # defined then you need to update the wireless extension version
    # installed in your kernel, or comment this line out.
    CONFIG_IPW3945_MONITOR=y

# If you are interested in using radiotap headers in monitor mode,
    # simply uncomment:
    #
    # NOTE: To use RADIOTAP you must also enable MONITOR above.
    CONFIG_IEEE80211_RADIOTAP=y

# The above monitor mode provides standard monitor mode. The following
    # will create a new interface (named raw%d) which will be sent all
    # 802.11 frames received on the interface
    #
    # NOTE: To use PROMISCUOUS you must also enable MONITOR above.
    CONFIG_IPW3945_PROMISCUOUS=y

And then compile. It looks like it's injecting in aireplay but on closer inspection it never manages to fakeauth with the router for eg.

Purehate EEK you deleted everything???? you have your old kernel to boot from at lilo start choose bt2 insted of bt!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast