Thread: Having issues with ALL Tools. Work once then wont a second time.

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Unhappy Having issues with ALL Tools. Work once then wont a second time.

Hey all,

I've got a rather strange issue going on with my Distro of Backtrack 5r3. Whenever I use a script/tool, it will work amazing the first time, (We'll use Yamas for the example) it will retrieve credentials from all the other computers on my network. However, I try to use Yamas a second time the next day, and it captures random links and fields. I go on my desktop and login to my email, bank, etc, run back to my laptop that has BTr3 running and view the capture and lo-and-behold, NOTHING.

This has happened with almost every program/script I've used. Another instance is the Metasploit website clone in conjunction with etter.dns. The same exact issue happened. I was able to clone Facebook, and with using etter.dns, all that has to happen is anyone navigates to facebook on the network and it captures their information. This worked the first time. I try to run it a second time. It clones, everything is working perfect, and then it simply captures nothing...

Why is this? I'm stumped.

Default Re: Having issues with ALL Tools. Work once then wont a second time.

never heard or seen anything like this, try to remember what have you installed or downloaded just before that start to happen then you should have the answer!

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Well, it happens to me but with arp poissoning, never worked after some time, my set up was: ettercap + sslstrip and even forwarding traffic manually...I used yamas (by comax), he was helping me for quite some time (I learned from him so much, specially one thing, serve, help and keep helping).

Unfortunatly, problem persist after some months but still working...Some day I'll know what is going on with that lan, it is a matter of time.

My advice, Tacticalpoet, try auditting another lan, and see if issue is still present. Try Live DVD, try VM, but try..

Just burned their ISO

I had a very similar problem - but it was only for Metasploit. (PostgreSQL database not connecting) Found a fix online, and would work only once. If I restarted BT, error would show up again. Finally reinstalled BT and haven't had that problem since.
    /anova