Thread: BackTrack success story

Default BackTrack success story

Hey, I just felt like letting you guys know this.. I'm taking an Ethical Hacking and network defense course in college and the textbook came with a copy of a different security boot cd that no one in the course really found that good and so the teacher passed out copies of Knoppix STD for everyone to use but they had to use it in a virtual machine in VMWare for the network to work. Another student and I are taking the course through a distance learning thing so we are often in our own little world.

I had found out about BackTrack a little while ago and so the two of us that were using the distance learning were using BackTrack2 and while the other group had to install and configure stuff to be able to use it and were having some problems, BackTrack2 just worked. I mentioned BackTrack in an email to everyone and the instructor got back to me and said that her boss had tried it out and really liked it so he put it on the campus's file server for other people to download and use..

So yeah, BackTrack is pretty sweet.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbdaemon View Post
    Hey, I just felt like letting you guys know this.. I'm taking an Ethical Hacking and network defense course in college and the textbook came with a copy of a different security boot cd that no one in the course really found that good and so the teacher passed out copies of Knoppix STD for everyone to use but they had to use it in a virtual machine in VMWare for the network to work. Another student and I are taking the course through a distance learning thing so we are often in our own little world.

I had found out about BackTrack a little while ago and so the two of us that were using the distance learning were using BackTrack2 and while the other group had to install and configure stuff to be able to use it and were having some problems, BackTrack2 just worked. I mentioned BackTrack in an email to everyone and the instructor got back to me and said that her boss had tried it out and really liked it so he put it on the campus's file server for other people to download and use..

So yeah, BackTrack is pretty sweet.
    Maybe if your whole friggin class is gonna use it you could take up a pool and donate some $cash$ to the project. Bikini carwash comes to mind

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Maybe if your whole friggin class is gonna use it you could take up a pool and donate some $cash$ to the project. Bikini carwash comes to mind
    I want you to sit back and think about what the average person that uses Backtrack looks like, and then picture them in a bikini.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Uh when was the last time you saw a Bikini hot Hacking Geekette? In my experience they're pretty few and far between.

Edit: Gah Streaker beat me.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

HEY !!! I don't think im a geek!!! I get hot women I would post a couple of vids of my phone but I'd get a instant ban lol. just gota remember that they are not interested in BT lol

Yea I think if your college likes BT so much donate!!!

Sure, I'll mention it but I'd be kinda suprised if they do it.

Any news of the BT3?

EDIT: Nevermind, a quick trip to "Announcements" had the BT3 info

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Any news of the BT3?
    Only that donations are next to nothing!!! What is probably holding up the release of BT3 lol

Developer

I was thinking more of contract labor from the local strip club

HEY !!! I don't think im a geek!!! I get hot women I would post a couple of vids of my phone but I'd get a instant ban lol.
    I didn't say there weren't hot Geekettes or that geeks didn't get hot girls. I merely said that in my experience there aren't many hot Hacking Geekettes (ie: the type that might be enrolled in the OP's online Ethical Hacking class), that I'd wanna see at a Bikini carwash.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.