Thread: being driven mad by sslstrip!!!

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Angry being driven mad by sslstrip!!!

good day to all,i have been searching for months/weeks/days and always given up on trying to install sslstrip! first of all i understand it is already in backtrack just not installed? ive been reading up about various scripts etc to use but only after sslstrip is installed..and there lies my problem!!!

im am running bt5r3 from an sd card with no updates etc just a fresh copy downloaded and dumped as iso on card i open terminal and enter

/pentest/web/sslstrip which then tells me its a folder,so from what ive read i then type ./setup.py install which then goes on to tell me no such directory?
    if someone would be so kind as to post how i can set about installing i would be very much appreciative of you,

Default Re: being driven mad by sslstrip!!!

I do not encounter any issues with it:

Code:
    root@bt:/pentest/web/sslstrip# python setup.py installrunning install
    running build
    running build_py
    creating build
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.6
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    copying sslstrip/StrippingProxy.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    copying sslstrip/SSLServerConnection.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    copying sslstrip/URLMonitor.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    copying sslstrip/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    copying sslstrip/ClientRequest.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    copying sslstrip/CookieCleaner.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    copying sslstrip/ServerConnection.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    copying sslstrip/ServerConnectionFactory.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    copying sslstrip/DnsCache.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip
    running build_scripts
    creating build/scripts-2.6
    copying and adjusting sslstrip/sslstrip -> build/scripts-2.6
    changing mode of build/scripts-2.6/sslstrip from 644 to 755
    running install_lib
    creating /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip/StrippingProxy.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip/SSLServerConnection.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip/URLMonitor.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip/__init__.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip/ClientRequest.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip/CookieCleaner.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip/ServerConnection.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip/ServerConnectionFactory.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/sslstrip/DnsCache.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip/StrippingProxy.py to StrippingProxy.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip/SSLServerConnection.py to SSLServerConnection.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip/URLMonitor.py to URLMonitor.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip/ClientRequest.py to ClientRequest.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip/CookieCleaner.py to CookieCleaner.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip/ServerConnection.py to ServerConnection.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip/ServerConnectionFactory.py to ServerConnectionFactory.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip/DnsCache.py to DnsCache.pyc
    running install_scripts
    copying build/scripts-2.6/sslstrip -> /usr/local/bin
    changing mode of /usr/local/bin/sslstrip to 755
    running install_data
    creating /usr/local/share/sslstrip
    copying README -> /usr/local/share/sslstrip
    copying COPYING -> /usr/local/share/sslstrip
    copying lock.ico -> /usr/local/share/sslstrip
    running install_egg_info
    Writing /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sslstrip-0.9.egg-info
    Cleaning up...
    root@bt:/pentest/web/sslstrip#
    Code:
    root@bt:~# sslstrip 

sslstrip 0.9 by Moxie Marlinspike running...
    ^Croot@bt:~#
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Default Re: being driven mad by sslstrip!!!

I don't know my friend, you just dumped the download to the sd card?..Just that, a live dvd download to an sd?..What OS are you running?....Do you wnat to use what you did as a live SD with BT5 and run it ?.....

First thing, to run a live distro from DVD, it uses a bootloader called isolinux, some cases syslinux (USB installs) then it loas the Kernel and then a cpio of initramfs (a compress copy of the file system in ram) then starts to load physically the rest as such..At the end it is ready and operable...

It would highly surprised me if you can even get to work with aircrack-ng or any other app. If you are using a linux distro, just install it in your linux disto. But if you are using windows and just want to access the sd card and run right from there app, you do not even have the enviroment to do so.

If it works,let me know....
    Last edited by maverik35; 02-09-2013 at 05:24 PM.