Thread: Usb wireless adapter TP-LINK tl-wn822n doesn't want to work in BT5 on VirtualBox

Just burned his ISO

Default Usb wireless adapter TP-LINK tl-wn822n doesn't want to work in BT5 on VirtualBox

Hello, i'm having a headache 2 days because i can't force to work properly this adapter. The point is that it can work in BT 5 when i'm booting from flash drive!
    I have windows and archlinux and i've installed BT5 on VirtualBox in each OS. I've tought that it depends which main os is but it seems doesn't matter..
    I also installed compat-wireless on BT5 but it doesn't work either.

I'm a newbie in Linux but i think maybe the problem is related with modules which are loaded. I've seen distinction between output of lsmod when i'm loading from flash and virtualbox. Ask me to post any output please, i don't know which one is needed.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Usb wireless adapter TP-LINK tl-wn822n doesn't want to work in BT5 on VirtualBox

HI Alexandre, I've got the same problem(same adapter). virtuabox recognize the adapter and assign correctly to the guest-machine. BT5 Network manager says ther's no wireless network (as does ifconfig) while lsusb can see it properly, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

thanks to all in advance

chears.

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Usb wireless adapter TP-LINK tl-wn822n doesn't want to work in BT5 on VirtualBox

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlCctrlV View Post
    HI Alexandre, I've got the same problem(same adapter). virtuabox recognize the adapter and assign correctly to the guest-machine. BT5 Network manager says ther's no wireless network (as does ifconfig) while lsusb can see it properly, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

thanks to all in advance

chears.
    Any news for this problem?