Thread: After playing around with Arp and Dnsspoof my wireless cards are not working!!!

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Default After playing around with Arp and Dnsspoof my wireless cards are not working!!!

I know what your thinking right off the bat... but my arp tables are not being poised at this time this problem persists through shutting down all my equipment. After rebooting and connecting to to my AP i can browse for a supple seconds than it all stops working. First time this happened i reinstalled backtrack and every thing worked grate then started playing around with arpspoof and bam!! both my wireless cards stop working. I have done as much troubleshooting as i can and now need some help to dig deeper into this problem so here is what i see.

-backtrack 5r3
    -ALFA AWUS036NH
    -This problem effects both my cards but currently using my ALFA AWUS036NH for trouble shooting "arp spoofing works grate until i run into this problem"

from a fresh boot i load up wiershark than proceed to connect to my AP and it all looks good

Then My ALFA starts responding to the AP saying it has IP address 192.168.1.131 and also 192.168.1.105
    192.168.1.105 is the correct address to my ALFA

I don't know were else to check for problems so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be grate. I can post up my capture file if that would help and gather any other information.

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: After playing around with Arp and Dnsspoof my wireless cards are not working!!!

After spending time on this all day I think i found a solution for the most part. If you have another solution please provide it as im still not sure why this happens.

found out what dmesg command is for : ) would have posted the out put but already looked further into the problem. I uninstalled Wicd and manually connected to the AP with WPA_supplicant.

Code:
    WPA_passphrase "ssid" "password" > wpaconfig
    sudo wpa_supplicant -i wlan1 -c wpaconfig
    dhclient wlan0
    I haven't tried reinstalling Wicd and don't think im going to.

Just burned their ISO

Angry Re: After playing around with Arp and Dnsspoof my wireless cards are not working!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alterfi View Post
    After spending time on this all day I think i found a solution for the most part. If you have another solution please provide it as im still not sure why this happens.

found out what dmesg command is for : ) would have posted the out put but already looked further into the problem. I uninstalled Wicd and manually connected to the AP with WPA_supplicant.

Code:
    WPA_passphrase "ssid" "password" > wpaconfig
    sudo wpa_supplicant -i wlan1 -c wpaconfig
    dhclient wlan0
    I haven't tried reinstalling Wicd and don't think im going to.

Do you think this will work for a wireless network that keeps losing its connection for no reason? i've never used Arp and Dnsspoof before,but i keep losing my connection every ten mins or so after i disconnect then reconnect i get the signal,then after ten mins or so the process repeats itself I personally think it has something to do with Wicd.