Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compromised in 60 Seconds

You want to know something?

There is an N.H.S [National Health Service] computer network located in Belfast, Northern Ireland that runs nothing but Windows 2000 SP2. There are thousands of peoples personal records on this network and not even the practice manager will not update the systems.

And people wonder why the UK are having problems with confidential information on government computer systems.

Its a disgrace.

This does not surprise my one bit. I know about 99% of the medic equipment control by a PC backend is running =< Win 2K or some other old OS and if the owns even thing of install a patch/update onto the box they void all warranty and maintenance contracts on what could be a +2Mil $ bit of kit.

Also I've seen a hell of a lot of "update" to system where they just update the front-end system to a better GUI but the real work/data is stored and done on the old outdated, unpatched system {AS/400, Novell, NT4, etc}

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    You want to know something?

There is an N.H.S [National Health Service] computer network located in Belfast, Northern Ireland that runs nothing but Windows 2000 SP2. There are thousands of peoples personal records on this network and not even the practice manager will not update the systems.

And people wonder why the UK are having problems with confidential information on government computer systems.

Its a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    There is an N.H.S [National Health Service]
    I used to work for the NHS in Wales, and its pretty secure, with admins watching 24/7. But as for Belfast thats a different story

Quote Originally Posted by unix_r00ter View Post
    I used to work for the NHS in Wales, and its pretty secure, with admins watching 24/7. But as for Belfast thats a different story
    Well, I know of a few medical practices computer systems. This one particular practice are one of many that are way behind times. I have also seen in person yet another practices' computer network setup and its top-notch. The most efficient network engineers are from 'In-Practice Systems', they obviously setup the top-notch network.

...also in this particular practice the CRT monitors have nicotine stains on them. The Irony.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12