Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 64 bit version

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

I ment to the wall with some brackets

I'm sure you did----------NOT!!

But seriously Dr_GrEen...were amending a new guideline that has to do with suggestive language...cursing...EXPLICIT or obscene comments...

We want to clean up our board. This is a professional wifi security site. Please remember this when you post for now on..,.and TRY to refrain from posting obscenities in the meantime ok??

Thanks.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

I would also like a 64 bit version too....and the correct answer as to why is simple: in my testing of john without mpi enabled, a 64 bit cpu way outperforms a single core 32 bit system in password cracking. With mpi enabled, a dual-core 64 bit system see's rather astronomical results compared to a dual-core 32 bit system with mpi enabled. I don't think 64 bit would help in a cluster cause you still have a network bottleneck.

Now, password hacking should theoretically also equal faster brute forces of anything......such as wep.

The 64 bit version will create a huge problem....and that is that most of the applications on backtrack are written specifically for 32 bit systems. Although some of the applications have been ported to 64 bit.....I bet a lot of the windows executables can't...and anything that has source code available would take time to port if it hasn't already been done.

A more realistic request would be to have 64 bit sometime in the future, not necessarily with version 3.

The john benchmarks are on my web site at edwiget.name I may not have finished all the tables cause of hardware issues that were resolved but I simply never finished the tests. I think the posted results are clear enough.

Well while were making requests, I'd like an 8 bit version.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by ewiget View Post
    I would also like a 64 bit version too....and the correct answer as to why is simple: in my testing of john without mpi enabled, a 64 bit cpu way outperforms a single core 32 bit system in password cracking. With mpi enabled, a dual-core 64 bit system see's rather astronomical results compared to a dual-core 32 bit system with mpi enabled. I don't think 64 bit would help in a cluster cause you still have a network bottleneck.

Now, password hacking should theoretically also equal faster brute forces of anything......such as wep.

The 64 bit version will create a huge problem....and that is that most of the applications on backtrack are written specifically for 32 bit systems. Although some of the applications have been ported to 64 bit.....I bet a lot of the windows executables can't...and anything that has source code available would take time to port if it hasn't already been done.

A more realistic request would be to have 64 bit sometime in the future, not necessarily with version 3.

The john benchmarks are on my web site at edwiget.name I may not have finished all the tables cause of hardware issues that were resolved but I simply never finished the tests. I think the posted results are clear enough.

A few updates about the upcoming release:
    • We will be releasing a ~ 1 GB USB / DVD image, as well as a stripped down 700 MB iso.
    • Dual core issues have been fixed (mostly due to the new kernel - 2.6.15.5).
    • Wireless card compatibility has maximised, and injection patches applied wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Well while were making requests, I'd like an 8 bit version.
    Can we also get the 8 bit version requested by swc666 pre-loaded on a GameBoy cartridge..,?

I don't see a point in having a 64 Bit version.... In my opinion, there is no definitive proof that 64 Bit addressing as vastly superior to the 32 bit architecture.

The PC I'm on now is a Intel Quad core with 8 GB ram... with linux x64 and windows x64.... there is also a xeon server next to me, also running x64 OS... and frankly... I have not noticed an improvement over 32 bit.... yes, with virtualization there is an improvement but not so much that it's worth re-writing a distribution....

Anyway, I didnt mean to flame anyone, but your comments are welcome.

(I hope this does not become another "my OS is better than your OS war"... it's getting old.)

Bottom line... each to his own... maybe 64 bit is better in theory... like the previous post said.... there are 32 more bits being transferred... lol

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    Can we also get the 8 bit version requested by swc666 pre-loaded on a GameBoy cartridge..,?
    And I'd like a version that runs on symbian

(uhm... no not really)

Quote Originally Posted by kwagga View Post
    I don't see a point in having a 64 Bit version.... In my opinion, there is no definitive proof that 64 Bit addressing as vastly superior to the 32 bit architecture.
    This is because you do not utilize the hardware/software to see the massive improvements. When working with large data sets in applications such as digital video, scientific computing, and large databases these task are much easier. All new Intel chips come with lm support so whether you want to believe it or not 64 Bit environments are here to stay.

"It should be noted that speed is not the only factor to consider in a comparison of 32-bit and 64-bit processors. Applications such as multi-tasking, stress testing, and clustering (for high-performance computing), HPC, may be more suited to a 64-bit architecture given the correct deployment. 64-bit clusters have been widely deployed in large organizations such as IBM, HP and Microsoft, for this reason." `
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    This is a professional wifi security site.
    I really hope this site is shooting for a higher standard than just wifi security.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast