Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: BT on a Dell Latitude D800

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default BT on a Dell Latitude D800

    Hi @ all,

    i want to buy a D800 Notebook an i will install BT on it.
    I already read that BT run on a D810 without any problems and configs on the system.

    Does BT run on a D800 also like on a D810?
    Whats with the WLAN Card? Does it work fine and is there a monitor mode?

    I appreciate every knowledge and experience

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Check the wiki for compatibilites
    http://backtrack.offensive-security....itle=Main_Page

    What wifi card do they use?
    Also, maybe you post some specs or differences between the 2 models??

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I also checked the wiki notebook compatibilites.
    On this list are only the D810 and the D820 but regrettably not the D800...

    Since yet I dont know the exactly specifications of this notebook.
    I think it is using a Intel Wlan card but I also dont know more details about that.
    In fact of the system buildup there are a few kinds of possibilities.
    This is why I posted this Thread

    But I will go on searching for more details concerning the specifications.

  4. #4
    Jenkem Addict imported_wyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ign0rE View Post
    I also checked the wiki notebook compatibilites.
    On this list are only the D810 and the D820 but regrettably not the D800...

    Since yet I dont know the exactly specifications of this notebook.
    I think it is using a Intel Wlan card but I also dont know more details about that.
    In fact of the system buildup there are a few kinds of possibilities.
    This is why I posted this Thread

    But I will go on searching for more details concerning the specifications.
    I don't think that there will be a major difference running it on a d800, regardless of the setup.

    If you are planing to do wireless pentesting, you should also take a look at the specific card it has and search this forum as well as the wiki for drivers and compatibility, since it seems that many people get different results performance-wise with the Intel cards (you may wind up purchasing an additional PCMCIA or USB card in the end).
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ign0rE View Post
    I also checked the wiki notebook compatibilites.
    On this list are only the D810 and the D820 but regrettably not the D800...

    Since yet I dont know the exactly specifications of this notebook.
    I think it is using a Intel Wlan card but I also dont know more details about that.
    In fact of the system buildup there are a few kinds of possibilities.
    This is why I posted this Thread

    But I will go on searching for more details concerning the specifications.
    You're going to get a laptop - you don't know the specs, but will it work with BT2??

    Yes, it *might* be similar specs to the D810/D820 ........
    You really need to know the specs 1st

  6. #6
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by swc666
    If you are planing to do wireless pentesting, you should also take a look at the specific card it has and search this forum as well as the wiki for drivers and compatibility, since it seems that many people get different results performance-wise with the Intel cards (you may wind up purchasing an additional PCMCIA or USB card in the end).
    Mainly I want to do wireless pentesting, at least for the first time.
    Once I know the specs I will look up the wiki.

    In worst case: If the w-card doesnt run like it should, isnt there also the possibility to change the pci card?


    Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity
    You're going to get a laptop - you don't know the specs, but will it work with BT2??
    I will start studying in january and my company sell some D800s for a low price.
    I havent got the big money but I need a Notebook for my study so I will buy this one.

    I will ask a member of staff about the specs and post it here when I know them.

    BTW.: Can you tell me how I can create such a comment like you?
    I mean the nice little button which delivers me directly to the comment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •