Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BT 2 login Problem

montana_thedon

Default BT 2 login Problem

hi all!

i am new here. i downloaded BT2final and burn it on CD(8xspeed).

i have a laptop(gericom blockbuster excellent, graphiccard: Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME, 64MB, 1024x786, 16bit, 96dpi, 60hz)

after booting the login panel comes. Login: "root" , password: "toor". When i type "xconf" i receive an error:

Trying to autoconfig Xwindow System, please wait..
    /usr/bin/xconf: line 58 4241 Segmention fault /usr/X11R6/bin/X -configure2>/dev/null
    cannot run auto config. Try xorgsetup(menu) or xorgconfig(plaintext) command

when i type startx:

xauth: creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.4512
    giving up
    /usr/X11R6/bin/xinit: Connection refused(errno 111):unable to connect to Xserver

/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit: No such process(errno3): Server error

can anyone help me? sorry for my bad english

Quote Originally Posted by montana_thedon View Post
    hi all!

i am new here. i downloaded BT2final and burn it on CD(8xspeed).

i have a laptop(gericom blockbuster excellent, graphiccard: Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME, 64MB, 1024x786, 16bit, 96dpi, 60hz)

after booting the login panel comes. Login: "root" , password: "toor". When i type "xconf" i receive an error:

Trying to autoconfig Xwindow System, please wait..
    /usr/bin/xconf: line 58 4241 Segmention fault /usr/X11R6/bin/X -configure2>/dev/null
    cannot run auto config. Try xorgsetup(menu) or xorgconfig(plaintext) command

when i type startx:

xauth: creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.4512
    giving up
    /usr/X11R6/bin/xinit: Connection refused(errno 111):unable to connect to Xserver

/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit: No such process(errno3): Server error

can anyone help me? sorry for my bad english
    Did you confirm the MD5 checksum?

Burn at a slower rate.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Use imgburn.

montana_thedon

i thing it is not the burning. i burned Backtrack 1 (of the same CD, its a RW-CD). after burning i started it and everything was ok, no problems. But BT2 didnīt log in. other ideas?

Have you tried just typing startx and not even bothering with xconf ?
    I saw in the HCL that someone with a similar laptop said that xconf messes things up.

montana_thedon

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Have you tried just typing startx and not even bothering with xconf ?
    I saw in the HCL that someone with a similar laptop said that xconf messes things up.
    i tried this too, but the same problem.

when i type "startkde", i get an error: display not found
    may i edit my monitor in the xorg.conf file?? if yes, how should i do it?

Dear,

The problem you are having is due to display settings, seems that BT is not able to recognize your display driver automatically, so you have to do it manully. And as the screen says try xorgsetup; which will give you a menu for the configuration or try xorgconfig which is a plain text. I have ran in such problem when using redhat & gentoo on one of my PC's.

Please, could you try it and post your feedback.

Regards,

montana_thedon

Quote Originally Posted by l1nuxant_ee View Post
    Dear,

The problem you are having is due to display settings, seems that BT is not able to recognize your display driver automatically, so you have to do it manully. And as the screen says try xorgsetup; which will give you a menu for the configuration or try xorgconfig which is a plain text. I have ran in such problem when using redhat & gentoo on one of my PC's.

Please, could you try it and post your feedback.

Regards,
    i tried what you say, but no success
    first i tried with xorgsetup. i picked the settings for my display. then saved the "xorg.conf" file, reboot, but nothing happened. how can i reboot the Xserver in console without rebooting the system??

then i tried with xorgsetup, but i didnīt understand, what to do there. I thing i had to write in the xorg.conf file manually. how should i do it??

Since you are using LiveCd, then rebooting the system will flush out your xconf file. as I remember you can restart the X-window server by pressing the following key combination:
    Code:
    Ctrl + Alt + Backspace
    Could you please try it after configuring your xconf file without rebooting the system.

Regards,

montana_thedon

Quote Originally Posted by l1nuxant_ee View Post
    Since you are using LiveCd, then rebooting the system will flush out your xconf file. as I remember you can restart the X-window server by pressing the following key combination:
    Code:
    Ctrl + Alt + Backspace
    Could you please try it after configuring your xconf file without rebooting the system.

Regards,
    i tried the following key combination: Ctrl + Alt + Backspace. but nothing happens. the X-window didnīt restart. why??? I have a german keyboard. so i had to type Strg+Alt+Backspace.
    I am despairing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast