Thread: Ettercap Questions + VMware

Default Ettercap Questions + VMware

Hello all. I have been experimenting with ettercap for mitm arp spoofing. I had a few questions I thought some of the seasoned guys here might know.

In my lab (read: kitchen table ) I worked on arp poisoning the network with ettercap. It worked fine natually until I quit ettercap - which is supposed to un-poison it's "victims". (I'm using all windows machines except for the 1 backtrack laptop). When I check the ARP cache on the victim machines after I quit ettercap they are still poisoned. I have to dump the cache and repair the connection just to get the victims working correctly. Has anyone else noticed this? Or do they have a better way to un-poison the victims?

On to my second question. On one laptop I am running XP and have a HD Backtrack Installation using VMware Server. I tried using ettercap within the VM but couldnt get this to work. I tried this in bridged and NAT mode.

I kindof figured this might be impossible since I'm sure Vmware is probably using some method of arp poisoning to allow the VM to communicate on the network in the first place. But I thought I would ask if anyone has had any luck with this?
    There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.

-I already know I cant spel-

teh Bump
    There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.

-I already know I cant spel-