I was able to get my Netgear N900 WDNA4100 USB adapter with the Ralink RT3573 chip working. It works to connect to the internet and also in monitor mode. I haven't tried injection yet. The linux driver was just released on 9-11-12 and there is very little info out there about this adapter in linux. I found this on another forum after looking here forever and not getting anywhere. It was actually really easy and I've only been using linux for 2 weeks. My comments are in blue and I altered the original slightly to fit backtrack since you be doing it from root. I would assume this is pretty much the same method that any adapter would take to get working as long as it has a linux driver available. Much thanks goes out to chili555 in the ubuntu forums. He give the clearest and best instructions out of anyone I have seen and if it wasn't for his post I have no idea when I would have got this right.

You will need to download and compile the rt3573sta driver and make a few changes. If you can hook up an ethernet cable and get a connection, open a terminal and do:
I believe these are already on bt5v3
Code:

apt-get install linux-headers-generic build-essential

Go here http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_WNDA4100 and download the package for rt3573sta. Get it to your desktop so we can find it. Extract it down to a folder (no bz2 or tar extnsions). Open the folder that appears. Now we will make some changes to it. Drill down to os/linux/config.mk. Open the file with a text editor and make these changes:

Please set 'HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y' and 'HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=y'.
In other words, change the =n to =y in those two lines. Proofread very carefully, save and close the text editor.

Open the file common/rtusb_dev_id.c with any text editor, such as gedit. Add a line as I've highlighted:
(I didn't have to do this because it already showed up in the list)

Code:

#endif /* RT35xx */
#ifdef RT3573
{USB_DEVICE(0x148F,0x3573)}, /* Ralink 3573 */
{USB_DEVICE(0x7392,0x7733)}, /* Edimax */
{USB_DEVICE(0x0846,0x9012)}, /* Netgear */
{USB_DEVICE(0x0B05,0x17AD)}, /*ASUS */
#endif /* RT3573 */
{ }/* Terminating entry */

All other lines before and after are unchanged. Punctuation, spelling, spacing, etc. are crucial so proofread very carefully, save and close the text editor.

Now we're ready to compile. Open a terminal and change directory to the folder on your desktop. Now do:

Code:
Code:

make
make install
modprobe rt3573sta
exit

.....What is the code part how do i Write it? when i just typed in make it did notheing...i did everthing else please help thanks