Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: -=Xploitz=- For Hire??

No worries, least I could do considering the time you spend doing the tutorials.

Many thanks for the tutorials and good luck with the repair business...

Oh if you dont know this tip, I endlessly seem to use the dd command in linux when upgrading hard disks to a bigger capacity (on any OS)....works a dream and just keep it on overnight till the output says finished....can take over twelve hours if you have loads of GB on the disk.....saves having to reinstall everything......I like overnight options....

A

Quote Originally Posted by addyman View Post
    No worries, least I could do considering the time you spend doing the tutorials.

Many thanks for the tutorials and good luck with the repair business...

Oh if you dont know this tip, I endlessly seem to use the dd command in linux when upgrading hard disks to a bigger capacity (on any OS)....works a dream and just keep it on overnight till the output says finished....can take over twelve hours if you have loads of GB on the disk.....saves having to reinstall everything......I like overnight options....
    Thanks for the additional tip!

i had to do a dd --help to understand how it works....and some googling. But I found this for others who may be lost like I was on this dd command.

Quote Originally Posted by Google.com ;)
    # dd --help
    For more options check dd man page

Using dd you can create backups of an entire [COLOR=#009900 ! important][COLOR=#009900 ! important]harddisk[/COLOR][/COLOR] or just a parts of it. This is also usefull to quickly copy installations to similar machines. It will only work on disks that are exactly the same in disk geometry, meaning they have to the same model from the same brand.

full hard disk copy

dd if=/dev/hdx of=/dev/hdy
    dd if=/dev/hdx of=/path/to/image
    dd if=/dev/hdx | gzip > /path/to/image.gz

Hdx could be hda, hdb etc. In the second example gzip is used to compress the image if it is really just a backup.

Restore Backup of hard disk copy

dd if=/path/to/image of=/dev/hdx

gzip -dc /path/to/image.gz | dd of=/dev/hdx

MBR backup

In order to backup only the first few bytes containing the MBR and the partition table you can use dd as well.

dd if=/dev/hdx of=/path/to/image count=1 bs=512

MBR restore

dd if=/path/to/image of=/dev/hdx

Add "count=1 bs=446" to exclude the partition table from being written to disk. You can manually restore the table.

Thanks again addyman.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

I am a tech for a very large chain in the UK (Purple Shirt brigade)... I am a tech. I haven't set up on my own, as there are just too many people round here "repairing" peoples setups. I get a lot of work off neighbours though, usually fixing a certain person's "repairs".. (words have been had with said "repairer).

you need any help, feel free to PM me

And for the Brits... no, i don't like working there... but it pays the rent for now.

Quote Originally Posted by InSanCen View Post
    I get a lot of work off neighbours though, usually fixing a certain person's "repairs".. (words have been had with said "repairer).

you need any help, feel free to PM me
    Yea..I'm getting lots of neighbors...but the problem is that their also my friends...and friends like the word "free"....or "trade ya"...

I got an well...not "elderly" neighbor...but he is wise in his years....and I fixed his computer..(defraged it, did some spyware removal, and cleaned up his registry and tweaked his TCP/IP settings and internet connection...and he said he was hard up for money..so he promised me a Christmas tree. (He also owns a tree farm evidently)..so..not a "bad" trade..I did it more to get experience and to build trust...but I'm not gonna lie...money would have been more up my alley. (I'm not even going to be home for Christmas..so I don't even need a tree.)..but like I said..Maybe the word of mouth from him to other people will pay off. And I guess thats all that really matters...I just don't want to end up with 5 trees by christmas!!!

BTW..thanks for offering your service. If I need it I will keep you in mind InSanCen, as people to PM.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

The only thing i would add is "be firm"

Don't let them beat you down on price. You are performing a service that they can't do, have spent a lot of time educating yourself, and are doing the job in a professional manner (we hope)

If you quote a job@35/hr, then stick to it. Once you drop for one person, they will all expect it (Word of mouth can be a double edged sword... "But you only charged mrs jones 25/hr...")

Oh, and make sure you have spares to swap out, and only test your spares on your own known working PSU... I had a customers evil Qtec PSU blow £350 worth of board chip n RAM... which wiped out any profit from that and the next 4 jobs.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InSanCen View Post
    "But you only charged mrs jones 25/hr...")
    I wouldn't charge Mrs. Jones nothin. 'Cept a lil smooch on the side
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    I wouldn't charge Mrs. Jones nothin. 'Cept a lil smooch on the side
    In my case, Mrs jones is a 70 year old woman, who bakes exceptional cookies and Blueberry muffins every time I go round (general maintenence). Hence the drop in rates. Although Her husband would object, i sure can arrange a little smooch for you... This is the only woman at that age that can well and truly shock me (and that, i can assure you, does not happen much!).

I dont own my own business or even work in pc repair, but i have done many jobs/favours for people in the past.

One thing I can advise you, try to avoid doing such 'favours' for family and friends, as they often do not appreciate the time a certain job might take you, also the hassel it causes you. oh and when its family/friends they ALWAYS WANT IT FREE.

I'm all for helping people out every now and then, but when they keep screwing thiere computer up week after week,then expect you to fix it for them because you did them a favour and built them one from spare bits you had lying around in the first place!

It gets old fast, and annoying! Some people are just not meant to have computers, i found it best to leave it that way :P

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Yea..I'm getting lots of neighbors...but the problem is that their also my friends...and friends like the word "free"....or "trade ya"...
    That, along with the fact that everyone just wants 'lessons' on a computer is why after 6 months I packed this same thing up.

Just got elderly people wanting to know what to do, they expect to be web preficient in 2-3 weeks but struggle to understand left click vs right click, nothing against these people its just not practical as I was going around in cirlces.

Hope it goes better for you than it did for me lol
    wtf?

this thread is very informative indeed.

I hadn't heard of the majority of the afore mentioned utilities.

system recovery is one area I could really do with brushing up on.

ps - good luck with your business sploitz

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast