Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: -=Xploitz=- For Hire??

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Very well then guys.

Thanks .lonewolf. Glad to see you again, and thanks for the support.

And just for the record guys. I still don't see how what I did was illegal. Soliciting is not illegal as far as I know. Only if you solicit where your solicits are not welcomed. Unethical..perhaps, but illegal?? Not to keep dwelling on the issue...I'm no lawyer, but according to "The Law" and Specifically TEXAS law...............

More....

From this reading and what I bolded and underlined......I fail to see where I broke any laws.
    Solicitation in of itself is not illegal, unless of course, you're soliciting yourself for sex, then it is.

We did not say, nor intend to say that solicitation for your business was illegal, but doing so on private property was wrong. Where the law comes into play would have been had you refused to leave the grounds when the Store manager asked you to leave, you could have at that point been arrested for Tresspass, at which that point, the Store manager would have signed a Tresspass sheet for the Police and you would never be allowed to enter their property again.

Whenever these kinds of discussions come up, illegal always gets used, and it's generally used incorrectly. I do not think that I said it was illegal what you did, only if you had not left when requested to.

It is wrong, no matter how you slice it to solicit business on the grounds of another person's property.

Let's put it this way, you have your little business at your home. How would you like it if I put a sign in your yard advertising my business at lower rates than yours?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Solicitation in of itself is not illegal, unless of course, you're soliciting yourself for sex, then it is.

We did not say, nor intend to say that solicitation for your business was illegal, but doing so on private property was wrong. Where the law comes into play would have been had you refused to leave the grounds when the Store manager asked you to leave, you could have at that point been arrested for Tresspass, at which that point, the Store manager would have signed a Tresspass sheet for the Police and you would never be allowed to enter their property again.

Whenever these kinds of discussions come up, illegal always gets used, and it's generally used incorrectly. I do not think that I said it was illegal what you did, only if you had not left when requested to.

It is wrong, no matter how you slice it to solicit business on the grounds of another person's property.

Let's put it this way, you have your little business at your home. How would you like it if I put a sign in your yard advertising my business at lower rates than yours?
    I've read this post since it started & I think everyone should give -=Xploitz=- a break, he's had to defend himself long enough on this & if he has done anything wrong which is still a matter of debate amongst everyone here, he's a good guy in my books & there is enought clutter in these threads

He's stood his ground & defended himself & knows lesson learned

Solicitation ordinances are usually at the local level (city, town, etc). Sometimes you'll even see signs when you enter a new town that say "no soliticiting without permits" or something to that affect.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Unless you get permission from the owner.

You might want to just try to ask next time. The worst answer you could get is no.

Quote Originally Posted by samsung View Post
    I've read this post since it started & I think everyone should give -=Xploitz=- a break, he's had to defend himself long enough on this & if he has done anything wrong which is still a matter of debate amongst everyone here, he's a good guy in my books & there is enought clutter in these threads

He's stood his ground & defended himself & knows lesson learned
    So, Because he's a good guy, I'm not allowed to refute something that he's stated?

I'm a good guy, I should be allowed to do that.

By my opinion, according to his last post, he still feels as though he did nothing wrong, because there isn't a clearcut law on the books. My last post, was merely pointing out something that we might not have made clear.

I feel that my last question, still stands, to anyone that has a business, would you like it if someone solicited a competing business on YOUR property?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    Unless you get permission from the owner.

You might want to just try to ask next time. The worst answer you could get is no.
    No business is going to grant a directly competing business permission to solicit.

Of course, you could always ask, as you say. I'm sure you'll get a no.

Plus, theprez is correct. Most of the time solicitation laws are at the local levels. So unless his city has all their ordinances online, short of calling the respective city we don't know if he broke a law by doing so or not.

I do know that in my township, it is illegal to solicit without a permit from the township, many times these laws are considered 'panhandling' laws.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    And just for the record guys. I still don't see how what I did was illegal. Soliciting is not illegal as far as I know. Only if you solicit where your solicits are not welcomed. Unethical..perhaps, but illegal?? Not to keep dwelling on the issue...I'm no lawyer, but according to "The Law" and Specifically TEXAS law...............

More....

From this reading and what I bolded and underlined......I fail to see where I broke any laws.
    You're right, you're no lawyer. You're what's known as a "street lawyer" by cops. I used to arrest street lawyers all the time. While I was never a cop in Texas, the law is pretty similar in most places.

Implied consent (or "license" under the Texas law quoted) which is what you're dealing with here, is removed as soon as you do something that the landowner says he doesn't want you to do. It doesn't need to be posted in many cases. Street lawyers like you used to talk themselves into an arrest all the time. The conversation would usually go like this:

Cop: "The landowner wants you to leave. You must leave or be arrested"
    Street Lawyer: "But there's no sign against (whatever)! "
    Cop: "It doesn't matter. The landowner wants you to leave. You must leave or be arrested"
    SL: "But there's no sign!"
    Cop: "It doesn't matter. YOU. MUST. LEAVE. NOW."
    SL: "But th..."
    Cop: "Place your hands on the hood of the cruiser. You are now under arrest for the crime of trespass."

Invariably, the street lawyer would then argue that his rights had been violated because he wasn't given a "Miranda Waring" at the time of the arrest (which isn't required except under very limited circumstances.) Street lawyers should spend less time learning law from TV, and more time keeping their erroneous opinions on the law to themselves.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

So, Because he's a good guy, I'm not allowed to refute something that he's stated?

I'm a good guy, I should be allowed to do that.

By my opinion, according to his last post, he still feels as though he did nothing wrong, because there isn't a clearcut law on the books. My last post, was merely pointing out something that we might not have made clear.

I feel that my last question, still stands, to anyone that has a business, would you like it if someone solicited a competing business on YOUR property?
    I agree with what your saying, I was merely just trying to say ease down a bit on the guy, Im sure NOW he has learned his lesson...I am totally with you when you say "would I like it if somebody started a competing business on my property", i'd be out there with a baseball bat lol

X, hopefully you understand that we're not busting on you, but we want you to understand how you went about it was wrong.

Now, can we move on? After all, many of us, actually have good ideas on how you can legally and without annoying store managers, advertise your business for very little money.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Paying a little to get an ad out in the newspaper/phonebook might prove to be just as effective and less time consuming than standing around passing out flyers or putting them in peoples windshields (which I always hate getting in my windshield).

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast