Thread: RTL8187 driver update

Just burned his ISO

Default RTL8187 driver update

Hi,

I've succesfully installed the new rtl8187 drivers for my alfa awus036h using the guide on on the aircrack website, these drivers are for all devices that use the realtek 8187 chipset.

But there is also is a driver patch specificaly for the alfa, will it bring any improvements when I install the v5 alfa patch? because it's working fine now as far as i know.

thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse33 View Post
    Hi,

I've succesfully installed the new rtl8187 drivers for my alfa awus036h using the guide on on the aircrack website, these drivers are for all devices that use the realtek 8187 chipset.

But there is also is a driver patch specificaly for the alfa, will it bring any improvements when I install the v5 alfa patch? because it's working fine now as far as i know.

thanx.
    Unless you know something I don't, aren't these both the same, as I have never seen a driver patch that is specifically for the alfa only.
    But if there is, could you point me to it, as I would be very interested to see and try it.

Just burned his ISO

well, I can't link to it because I'm not alowed to post url's yet.
    But there is a thread on this forum called "Aircrack 0.9.1 or 1.0 Dev for Alfa AWUS036H (drivers already patched)".
    They're talking about the rtl8187 drivers and aircrack suite with a v5 alfa patch, but you already know that offcourse since you're talking there too...

So you ARE talking about the same thing then, and not a driver specifically for the alfa.
    Both of those are just a patched driver for the 8187 chipset.