Good evening alll.... Hope the best and hope you are able to help me. I will first start by giving a descriptive list of my machine and components:

I have Windows 7 on the HD, and I have BackTrack 5 R3 on a 40gb partition so as a dual boot:

Toshiba Satellite C655D
Windows 7 Home Premium sp1 64-bit
AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics 1.30Ghz
4.00 GB RAM
roughly 300 gb HD
This is my NIC Card: Atheros AR8152/8158 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Wireless Card: Realtek TRL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

Now I have a couple of questions: My first has to do with my dual boot for BackTrack R3:
As I am logged in as root, when I go to my network manager and connect either wirelessy or wired in: My system freezes up and does not become operable any longer and requires a restart. Sometimes I can connect but it freezes for a couple minutes then its all good... happens both wired and wirelesly... is this a bug in the system or am I at fault some way?

1.) When I first log into backtrack, I go to run either Fern wifi cracker or any program that requires a scan of wireless networks.. and after I do scan and locate them, when I can use what ever program I choose: Fern, Aircrack-ng, ect: with that being said, after I close those programs and try to run my network manager it does not locate networks either wireless or wired. I am not sure how to get back track to recognize any networks after initial scans thus requiring a restart to run another program that requires a scan to use that program....

2.) Is it possible to get BackTrack to recognize the wireless card installed in the pc through VMware Workstation, or must it use the connection from the host network? Which is what I am currently doing in order to use the net in my VMmachine... if so, what are the steps to make this happen?

(note: all drivers are currently up-to-date)
(note: I have re-installed several times to try and resolve all of my current issues and have even re-downloaded BackTrack)