Thread: Huge lag when booting with DVD BT5R3

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Unhappy Huge lag when booting with DVD BT5R3

Hello.
    I've used BT5 on VirtualBox, but decided to burn it do a disc instead and boot it as my main system, as I in virtualbox could'nt hack wireless 'cause I couldnt find any wi-fi. And now, here comes my problems:

1. After I type startx, it gives me the black screen. I found a fix on that error, where the one who helped me, said that I should add this code in the "grub": "xforcevesa noapic noapci nosplash irqpoll --" without the quotes. So, I did that, and my BT5 started atleast. I don't know if this is a bad code? :-(

2. Now, when I come to the desktop, I have to wait about 15 minutes before it shows the "Install Backtrack", and like 10 more minutes before the "Applications" etc appears. I can't see the icon of "Install Backtrack" it is just a sheet of paper. Also, it comes up with some errors about gnome or something, where I either can choose to delete something or don't delete. Also, when the application tab appears, when I then press it, it goes all laggy again, and it takes about 10 minutes again before it responds, then I can go alittle further before it lags again.

I don't know if any of these problems is maybe a problem with the code I used at the grub? I don't think it is, but I'm new to this, so...

I got a HP G62 Notebook laptop. 4 Gb RAM - Intel Pentium CPU 2.00 GHz - I got the BackTrack 5 R3 - gnome - 32 bit. PLEASE HELP ME! All help will be highly appreciated!

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Huge lag when booting with DVD BT5R3

I am running that same laptop using BT5 r3 64 Bit Gnome without those problems. I would make sure there is no scratches on the back of your DVD because this could cause BT to hangup.

Just burned their ISO

Thank you, I will try that later!

Just burned their ISO

Still does'nt work :-(