Thread: New Lua 'C' library

Default New Lua 'C' library

Lua is an extension programming language written as a library in 'C'. Consequently, it is extremely fast, principally because it does not act as an interpreter in the traditional sense.

I have examined and used the scapy python module written by Phillipe Biondi and found it to be an attractive system with good capability. It is developed for Python.. which is slow for most tasks.

I see great opportunity and need for a different approach yet one which is modular.

Lua already has a socket library (luasocket) but this deals only with Layer 3 and above. I have a need to write a library which can operate at the link-layer (raw socket) to maximise system investigation and protection and which can run at the speed of 'C' to exploit polling capability (packet recording, processing and injection).

I therefore propose to write a 'C' library to act as an interface to Lua. This library will be a wrapper for libnet and it will include simple object oriented capability for the rapid (easy) creation of wireless (802.11) and ethernet packets and translation between the two.

I will of course include ARP, DNS, IP, UDP and TCP capability. Whilst I am writing this library it would likely be a relatively trivial matter to include additonal useful objects which some of you favour. It might thus be a useful start for the creation of a modular system exploiting the raw speed of 'C' through the use of script-like objects.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions (protocols) for inclusion.
    Lux sit

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

will think to it........ nice project........

im a little out of time with the new installer for bt but if i can help in any manner.........just pm me
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Default Thanks

Thanks very much, N..will keep you informed.
    Lux sit

Well Doc from one Seattleite to another, I'm rapidly becoming a fan of your work! I will look forward to the new library as I believe that your are definitely on to something
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Default Thanks

Thanks swc I appreciate your support.

As soon as I have some progress I will let you know at once.

I write in 'C' fairly fluently, (though not too pretty), but often consider what a waste it is that all these 'C' functions could be re-used by so many people if only there was a platform from which to launch them. Not eveyone can explode a pice of 'C' code and adapt it.

I found lua after a recommendation from a colleague and largely ignored it as just 'yet another scripting language'. However, I did buy the book when I got here and developed quite an attraction to it as it is really 'C' in a very digestible form.

One can thus exploit the sheer speed of 'C' with the relative ease of a scripting language. As I put it once, "C programs are...fastest enough to make your eyes bleed".

I have a need for a library of rather special functions. So as it is not possible to release dual-use code, I felt that a library of functions might be useful to others, (with just a little suggestion as to how they might be joined together and exploited).

Lua is available as a slax module.

Doc
    Lux sit