Thread: Unable to locate Hard drive

Unhappy Unable to locate Hard drive

Hello, all, this is my first post. Unfortunately, it is a request for assistance

I have looked through the tutorials and post about installing Bt2 to my hard drive in both single and dual boot configurations. I have a gateway cx2610 laptop w/ an 80 gb hitachi travelstar hard drive. I have XP tablet installed as an NTFS drive along w/ a small fat32 backup drive in front of it on the partition table. I want to install Bt2 as a second OS but neither qtparted, fstab or even dmesg dev show a hard drive at all on the system. They all show only /dev/hda as my dvd/cd drive.

When I type mount (as instructed in the dual config video), I get:

tmpfs on / type tmfs (rw)
    proc on /proc type proc (rw)
    sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
    usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw, devgid=10, devmode=0666)

I have tried to fdisk sda, hcd and any other poss choice I thought it might have the hard drive as, but I have found nothing.

I greatly look forward to using this program, and appreciate in advance any assistance you all can provide.

Default Is this a possible solution?

I have been looking it over and can't find any references to searching for a hard drive in any of the rc.* files. Is that a possible cause of this problem?

And also, is it possble just to 'write in' the hard drive on fstab? And what would that be coded as? Just curious and really wanting to get this fixed.

Default Problem Solved!!

So, bt couldn't find my hard drive. But, I have succesfully loaded it onto VMware workstation (thanks to ND4SPD's tutorial ) and now it is up and running!

Now I just have to figure out how to get it to use my ipw2200