Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intel integrated graphics are not working

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Default Intel integrated graphics are not working

Hi
    I hope you could help me because I've been trying to solve this out, but I couldn't find how to solve it, if you help me i'll be very thankful!
    Basically the problem is that i can't change the resolution, and in monitor preferences, doesn't detect the monitor it said that is unknown
    This is the info with the comand lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev b4)
    00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 (rev b4)
    00:1c.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 7 (rev b4)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a4)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller (rev 04)
    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 04)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
    02:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (rev 01)
    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications AR8152 v2.0 Fast Ethernet (rev c1)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    this is the info of

glxinfo | grep -i render

direct rendering: Yes
    OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and the xorg.conf data is

# bare-bones XFree86 config to start the server in probe-only mode
    Section "Files"
    FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc"
    RgbPath "/etc/X11/rgb.txt"
    EndSection
    Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"
    EndSection
    Section "Module"
    Load "bitmap"
    Load "dbe"
    Load "ddc"
    Load "extmod"
    Load "freetype"
    Load "int10"
    Load "record"
    Load "vbe"
    EndSection
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver "keyboard"
    Option "CoreKeyboard"
    Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    EndSection
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Generic Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "CorePointer"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
    EndSection
    Section "Device"
    Identifier "Generic Device"
    Driver ":RIVER::"
    EndSection
    Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Generic Monitor"
    Option "DPMS"
    EndSection
    Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Default Screen"
    Device "Generic Device"
    Monitor "Generic Monitor"
    DefaultDepth 24
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 1
    Modes "1024x768""600x800"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 4
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 8
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 15
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 16
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 24
    EndSubSection
    EndSection
    Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "Default Layout"
    Screen "Default Screen"
    InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
    InputDevice "Generic Mouse"
    EndSection
    I manually wrote "600x800" in the xorg.conf to test if i was able to change the resolution, but didn't work.

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Intel integrated graphics are not working

Hi,
    Your problem is quite common. I had a similar problem(identical VGA adapter "00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)").
    I posted my solution to the problem on this forum, see the links below, at proper time.

Step 1:
    From the command line, make sure you have the i915 module loaded.
    Code:
    # lsmod |grep i915
    If the module is loaded OK, you can fix the resolution issue by applying what I wrote in this post: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=58993
    But that's not all, so...

Step 2:
    Your /etc/X11/xorg.conf is not well written!! To create a more correct xorg.conf, execute the following commands (from the cmd line, before calling startx, as root):
    Code:
    # Xorg -configure
    # cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.BAD
    # cp /root/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    # startx
    Explanation for commands above: Xorg called with option "-configure" will probe your graphics hardware and will create a pretty usable xorg.conf file which you
    copy to /etc/X11/. X session will start, but of course the graphic acceleration will be bad. So last step...

Step 3:
    Now, while you're in graphical mode, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and, in section "Device", near the entry with identifier "Card0", replace the Driver entry like this:
    Driver "intel"
    Most probably the initial entry is: Driver "vesa", so just change "vesa" to "intel".

And the very last step (which will actually greatly improve your 3d acceleration) is to upgrade the Xorg Intel drivers.
    To do this upgrade, apply what I wrote in this post: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=47860

If you manage to do this 3-step procedure without errors, you'll have a great 3d-accelerated system, with the display's ability to switch among supported resolutions.
    Please confirm if it worked.
    Good luck!

Just burned their ISO

Default Respuesta: Intel integrated graphics are not working

I have to tell you: YOU're amazing dude! you fix my problem well! my notebook: eMachines E730 series Intel I3. You're my new best friend. I was tired to search and don't fix this god damm problem...but, i find you...

I think i love you! LOL ! }

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Respuesta: Intel integrated graphics are not working

Quote Originally Posted by watafack View Post
    I have to tell you: YOU're amazing dude! you fix my problem well! my notebook: eMachines E730 series Intel I3. You're my new best friend. I was tired to search and don't fix this god damm problem...but, i find you...

I think i love you! LOL ! }
    Glad to hear it fixed your problem too!
    I hope zevoox will also benefit from this...

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by WepWapWee View Post
    Hi,
    Your problem is quite common. I had a similar problem(identical VGA adapter "00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)").
    I posted my solution to the problem on this forum, see the links below, at proper time.

Step 1:
    From the command line, make sure you have the i915 module loaded.
    Code:
    # lsmod |grep i915
    If the module is loaded OK, you can fix the resolution issue by applying what I wrote in this post: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=58993
    But that's not all, so...

Step 2:
    Your /etc/X11/xorg.conf is not well written!! To create a more correct xorg.conf, execute the following commands (from the cmd line, before calling startx, as root):
    Code:
    # Xorg -configure
    # cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.BAD
    # cp /root/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    # startx
    Explanation for commands above: Xorg called with option "-configure" will probe your graphics hardware and will create a pretty usable xorg.conf file which you
    copy to /etc/X11/. X session will start, but of course the graphic acceleration will be bad. So last step...

Step 3:
    Now, while you're in graphical mode, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and, in section "Device", near the entry with identifier "Card0", replace the Driver entry like this:

Most probably the initial entry is: Driver "vesa", so just change "vesa" to "intel".

And the very last step (which will actually greatly improve your 3d acceleration) is to upgrade the Xorg Intel drivers.
    To do this upgrade, apply what I wrote in this post: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=47860

If you manage to do this 3-step procedure without errors, you'll have a great 3d-accelerated system, with the display's ability to switch among supported resolutions.
    Please confirm if it worked.
    Good luck!

hey dude,

i do have same problem, but in my driver its showing "fbdev" and lsmod |grep i915 do not show anything. could you help me please.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

This method is for intel Graphic, cards, do you have one like this?...

If so, please, again, see the type of card: lspci | grep -i vga

Then based on the output, see the beggining of line (xx:xx.x), this is the pci slot id, then type: lspci -vvs xx:xx.x (at the end of output, you should see the driver loaded)..

I quote: "in my driver its showing "fbdev" and lsmod |grep i915 do not show anything.", that is because the i915 was not loaded.

Again, if intel, it should show i915 (open driver for intel cards)...If not, load it manually activating modeset: modprobe i915 modeset=1

Try it..

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by maverik35 View Post
    This method is for intel Graphic, cards, do you have one like this?...

If so, please, again, see the type of card: lspci | grep -i vga

Then based on the output, see the beggining of line (xx:xx.x), this is the pci slot id, then type: lspci -vvs xx:xx.x (at the end of output, you should see the driver loaded)..

I quote: "in my driver its showing "fbdev" and lsmod |grep i915 do not show anything.", that is because the i915 was not loaded.

Again, if intel, it should show i915 (open driver for intel cards)...If not, load it manually activating modeset: modprobe i915 modeset=1

Try it..
    Thanks for your reply bro, this is the ouptut i am getting:

# sudo lspci -vvs 00:02.0

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    Subsystem: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device c652
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
    Region 0: Memory at 90000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
    Region 2: Memory at 80000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    Region 4: I/O ports at 3000 [size=64]
    Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable-
    Address: 00000000 Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [a4] PCIe advanced features <?>

My GRUB line:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quite splash i965.modeset=1"

Chipset when i do "lshw" :
    7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family
    I do have intel HD 40000 graphics

I ll be really grateful if you could help me further to fix this problem.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Again, I do not see the driver loaded, try loading it manually: modprobe i915 modeset=1
    See if it is loaded by retyping lspci -vvs xx:xx.x

Please would you post the dmesg output?

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by zigmos View Post
    hey dude,

i do have same problem, but in my driver its showing "fbdev" and lsmod |grep i915 do not show anything. could you help me please.
    See what maverik35 said, he's right.

The method I poster works only if you have Intel graphic card.

Just burned their ISO

maverik35,

one more thing after running modprobe -v i915 modeset=1 , it displays the kernel driver module loaded i915 but the problem remains same of 3'' screen shift to right. Also logs generated after issuing that command i had already replied.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast