Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Sniffing SSL traffic using MITM attack / ettercap, fragrouter, webmitm and dnsspoof.

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    71

    Default Yep, your right

    Sorry, I completely missed the gateway connection. Late Night post. So yes you are right; you don't have a choice on Gateways. I read that in ettercap's man just the other day. LOL.

    Edit: Well wait. If you need it to be offensive, then I think just use ettercap. Ettercap doesn't detect if you're on a gateway, so you have to tell it not to forward. This is unoffensive. I'm not a pro at ettercap, but I think this is true. Does this sound right?

  2. #12
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipndrmath View Post
    Sorry, I completely missed the gateway connection. Late Night post. So yes you are right; you don't have a choice on Gateways. I read that in ettercap's man just the other day. LOL.

    Edit: Well wait. If you need it to be offensive, then I think just use ettercap. Ettercap doesn't detect if you're on a gateway, so you have to tell it not to forward. This is unoffensive. I'm not a pro at ettercap, but I think this is true. Does this sound right?
    True, if you use it in unoffensive mode, it's okay. But for unoffensive mode, might as well just use wireshark...

  3. #13
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Anyone know where I can get a version of fragrouter that will work on BT3

  4. #14
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default

    This worked fine yeah, i capped myself signing into googlemail and hotmail just for fun i saved all the ssl data as a cap file in wireshark and following the instructions made a file called through ssldump called out.....it didnt literatlly decrypt it, my password or mail address never showed up at all....is it sposed to or am i missing somthing here ?

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    114

    Default

    I don't think this is supposed to show you the mail address and the password.

  6. #16
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default

    In that case it worked perfectly and it was decrypted in plain text......

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    71

    Default No plain text passwords ... what's the point

    Quote Originally Posted by Abracadabra View Post
    In that case it worked perfectly and it was decrypted in plain text......
    If you didn't get the password or login, what was the point? Just use ettercap, in fact I did it just today for fun (ah, how nerdy).

    Off of memory:

    edit etter.conf (use locate)
    set UID and GID to 0
    look for iptables under "Linux" and uncomment both lines
    ettercap -T -q -i whateverinterface -M arp:remote // //

    Use ettercap -I to find out what interface you can use.
    This will print any passwords that are captured to stout.

    Read a tutorial on ettercap, you can do some crazy things.
    Try here http://www.iljya.com/projects/SSLVideo/

    P.S. Some one correct me if I'm wrong above.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipndrmath View Post
    Off of memory:

    edit etter.conf (use locate)
    set UID and GID to 0
    look for iptables under "Linux" and uncomment both lines.
    No need for these steps in BT3 Final.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    71

    Default Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    No need for these steps in BT3 Final.
    Oh, beautiful. I had lost my BT3 cd, so I was using BT2. Thanks for the heads up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •