Hello,

First of all, I've read every topics on the subject and no solution fixed my issue...
I'm writting an article for my blog about cracking a WPA key. Unfortunatly, I'm not able to get 4 way handshake.
I think it is due to driver issues.

Here are my tries :

Backtrack 5R3 on virtualbox with ALFA card, driver rtl8192cu. I tried compat-wireless versions 2012-12-18, 2012-09-23, 3.6.8-1. (Every versions patched with mac80211.compat08082009.wl_frag+ack_v1.patch). Tried with aircrack-ng provided by backtrack and the version checkouted from SVN.

Result :

Every stations on WPA networks show as "not associated", even my computer connected to my AP.
Unable to get any handshake.
Some issues to change card channel, but I fixed it.

Backbox 3 on virtualbox with ALFA card, driver rtl8192cu (provided by backbox, not patched).

Result :

Same as above,
Every stations on WPA networks show as "not associated", even my computer connected to my AP.
Unable to get any handshake.

Backtrack 4 as main OS with the WIFI card of my eeepc, driver ath5k (provided by backtrack, not patched)

Result :

Stations are now associated to their networks.
I recieve ACK when I trigger deauth attack.
Still unable to get handshake (the computer I'm reauthenticating is at 50 centimeters from my attacking machine)

My questions :
Has it something to do with my WIFI card?
What WIFI card and driver do you use to successfully get that handshake?
What other tool do you know could I use to get that handshake?
Could virtualbox have some interferences with my backtrack (latency, etc.) resulting in that issue?

Please don't respond with links to aircrack-ng website or other posts in this forum... I'm reading all of them since 2 weeks and tried every single proposition on my BT5.

Note : I've no issue using aircrack-ng to crack WEP keys or reaver to use WPS vulnerability, airodump-ng detect about 162 WPA encrypted AP and 86 (not associated) stations. Of course, I stopped every kind of network management processes prior to start. I also tried few other compat-wireless patches, but without success.