Thread: please help!

Just burned his ISO

Default please help!

hi im trying to install backtrack 2 on my lptp and im not able to get the system to load bt2 after i go through all the install procedures, i have a toshiba satellite a 105 s4274, model psaa8u-0eq034, everytime i install the system reboots and i get a blank screen with a blinking cursor and a letter j at the top left corner i have followed the instructions on the __offensive-security.com/documentation/backtrack-hd-install_pdf, and i have followed the instruction on your website on the first page of this forum, i dont know what else to do, i would like to get this resolved so if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated,

is there a possibility that there could be a hardware conflict with the install of backtrack?

am i better off running an alt version of linux as a host os and then run some sort of version of vmware and use a usb wireless antenna? cause this download has no issue installing in vmware. i already have an active vm, just need a good recommendation for a wireless usb device? thanks in advance for any advice. dr3w

Quote Originally Posted by akent813 View Post
    hi im trying to install backtrack 2 on my lptp and im not able to get the system to load bt2 after i go through all the install procedures, i have a toshiba satellite a 105 s4274, model psaa8u-0eq034, everytime i install the system reboots and i get a blank screen with a blinking cursor and a letter j at the top left corner i have followed the instructions on the __offensive-security.com/documentation/backtrack-hd-install_pdf, and i have followed the instruction on your website on the first page of this forum, i dont know what else to do, i would like to get this resolved so if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated,

is there a possibility that there could be a hardware conflict with the install of backtrack?

am i better off running an alt version of linux as a host os and then run some sort of version of vmware and use a usb wireless antenna? cause this download has no issue installing in vmware. i already have an active vm, just need a good recommendation for a wireless usb device? thanks in advance for any advice. dr3w
    Try reading the forum rules, before posting, especially the parts about thread titles and searching.