Thread: Need help getting BackTrack 5r2 back in order

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Default Need help getting BackTrack 5r2 back in order

I decided to dual boot BackTrack5r2 and Windows7. Partition and everything went well. The problem started when it came time to update & upgrade. Theut update went ok but when i started the upgrade i lost my network connection and ever since then i have been unable to make any sense of what is going on.
    The first thing i noticed was that when i try to access Armitage the msfconsole does not appear. Then i went to the terminal and noticed that after /opt there was no metasploit directory and no msf3.

I would really prefer now, just to download and install BackTrack 5r3 on the same partition if that's possible and start all over again. If that's not possible then Pleeaase someone tell me what to do. Thanks

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Need help getting BackTrack 5r2 back in order

If you don't mind starting fresh (As you stated with putting 5r3 on the same partition), why not just download the 5r3 ISO, setup a live usb or DVD, and install it off of that? The installation/setup for 5r3 will allow you to select/reformat the specific partition you are intend to use for the installation.
    If you need assistance going through these motions, let me know. I am just uncertain what exactly you want with this.

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Need help getting BackTrack 5r2 back in order

I had this problem...just do as I did: type this command in metasploit window:

Code:
    $ svn update
    I think your metasploit database was not updated yet (I mean after your B.T update)

Anyway I fixed my problem with this command.... I hope you can do it eather!

Just burned their ISO

Cool Re: Need help getting BackTrack 5r2 back in order

Quote Originally Posted by sha0l1nt1ger View Post
    I decided to dual boot BackTrack5r2 and Windows7. Partition and everything went well. The problem started when it came time to update & upgrade. Theut update went ok but when i started the upgrade i lost my network connection and ever since then i have been unable to make any sense of what is going on.
    The first thing i noticed was that when i try to access Armitage the msfconsole does not appear. Then i went to the terminal and noticed that after /opt there was no metasploit directory and no msf3.

I would really prefer now, just to download and install BackTrack 5r3 on the same partition if that's possible and start all over again. If that's not possible then Pleeaase someone tell me what to do. Thanks
    hi there,

just type this code in "metasploit" window (make sure you connected to internet )

Code:
    $ svn update
    that's it ..........!your metasploit database will fix.and also your problem