Thread: Dual Boot Question

Default Dual Boot Question

Ok, I have read the tutorial and watched the video, reloaded my Vista, now here is what I have
    This is what I have:
    aufs on / type aufs (rw)
    proc on /proc type proc (rw)
    sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
    usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
    /dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 type vfat (rw,noatime,quiet,umask=0,check=s,shortname=mixed) Not sure what this is
    /dev/sda2 on /mnt/sda2 type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other,blksize=4096) Recovery Partation
    /dev/sda3 on /mnt/sda3 type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other,blksize=4096) Vista OS is here
    /dev/sdb1 on /mnt/sdb1 type vfat (rw,noatime,quiet,umask=0,check=s,shortname=mixed)
    /dev/sdb2 on /mnt/sdb2 type ext2 (rw,noatime)

The Video shows only one partation then he divides that,
    as you can see I have (3) that Vista uses, is this going to be a problem, also how much space does The real install BT3 Need?
    Thanks

Developer

The real bt install needs 2.7 gigs but of course you'll want some space so I say 4 to 5 min. If you can follow the dual boot video depends on if the 2 recovery and bios partitions are primary or logical. You are are supposed to only have 4 primary partitions.
    So you have 3 options. If those first 2 partitions are logical you are good to go just resize th part vista is on and change all the sda numbers accordingly.

Option 2 which is what I did with my machine was I wiped the hole drive and reinstalled vista by forcing it all on to a premade partition and not letting it create the recovery partition. I did this with a recovery disc from a torrent and then used my legit serial #

Option 3 is to create a partition for bt and just dump the whole install on one partition instead of having the kernel and boot files on the other partition.

Default Option 3

Would this be the same thing as a USB install like your Video?
    Thanks
    or could I chang the two to Logical with Accronics Disk Program?