Thread: Metasploit update issues

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Default Metasploit update issues

Hey guys,

So, I have installed backtrack 5 r3 on a Virtual box and often use it for playing about with wifi exploits on my home network. Both myself and my housemate have it on our home PC's and laptops too.

I have an Atheros wifi usb card and the wifi guides all over the internet are all good. Airmon, Airodump, Aireply and Aircrack all work and I have no issues with backtrack5 in this respect.

However, I am now expanding my knowledge to network connected exploits and cisco switches. However, I cannot get any of the metasploit or armatage functions of bt5 to work correctly.

I am not sure if this is a setting with the network on my actual VB setup, as the wireless manager option no longer appears within backtrack since setting to a bridged connection :/

To add any extra advice see below:

I have found guides on changes between r2 and r3 and have tried a fresh install of metasploit using the commands 'apt-get update', which crashed (found the advice here: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/backt...acktrack-5-r3/, however it doesnt say about errors or if it crashes), followed by the command 'svn cleanup' and trying to get the update to run again.

On a side note, I have tried following guides, one here (https://community.rapid7.com/communi...metasploit-pro) seemed to work, but I could not register metasploit, the site doesnt seem to want to load on my virtualbox.

I also cannot get the DHCP3-Server settings to work, it simply hangs on the pop up window with the bar ticking up. I assume this is a Java / Flash update issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried to use the search functions here, but cannot find a suitable answer. If I am just being an idiot, please just feel free to point and laugh and point me to a newbies guide to setting stuff like this up :P

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Default Re: Metasploit update issues

Have you seen this? https://gist.github.com/4393324

Hope it does the trick for you =)
    Have you...g0tmi1k?

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by g0tmi1k View Post
    Have you seen this? https://gist.github.com/4393324

Hope it does the trick for you =)
    It seemed so hopeful, but then I got this error message:

bt5 screenshot.JPG

I still cant seem to connect to the internet via a wired connection - that might be an issue, its set to bridged at the moment, this should be the right setting, right?

Dan

Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrdanedwards View Post
    It seemed so hopeful, but then I got this error message:

bt5 screenshot.JPG

I still cant seem to connect to the internet via a wired connection - that might be an issue, its set to bridged at the moment, this should be the right setting, right?

Dan
    hi
    are you sure you have an internet connection? test before navigating with firefox (bt5)

Just burned their ISO

Fresh install of BT5R3, going to give that guide a go and will update accordingly.

Thanks in advance guys

Dan

Oh, and yeah, I did have internet, both on my windows box and withing the BT VM :/

Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrdanedwards View Post
    Fresh install of BT5R3, going to give that guide a go and will update accordingly.

Thanks in advance guys

Dan

Oh, and yeah, I did have internet, both on my windows box and withing the BT VM :/
    hi
    i'm happy for you but the error in your attached photo : curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'curl.haxx.se'
    ""SEEMS"" to be due """NO-CONNECTION-OUTSIDE-LAN"""
    bye