Thread: nvidia drivers

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default nvidia drivers

well i have installed bt2 on my hard drive... i have nvidia geforce 7300gt graphic card... i found driver for that graphic card on nvidia site... Than i have downloaded it and start like this: sh NVIDIA..... and ia walk trough installation easly...and all was working fine, but when i had to poweroff my computer that the problems have started: 1. i was waiting about 3min for shutting down, and 2. when i have turn on my computer the nvidia drivers were not there...

sry for my english :P

EDIT: when i were installing drivers i have done it like it wirte here:

Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X config file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
    and also when i have turned on bt again all was reser(only root user, internet connection, eg..)

Just burned his ISO

anybody?!?!

It is quite impossible that (if you installed them properly) the drivers are missing.
    Can you locate "NVIDIA X Server settings" menu under "System" menu?
    Also, navigate to /usr/bin and look for "nvidia-settings", "nvidia-xconfig" files there.If you can't find them, then something went wrong and you should repeat the installation.
    Also, you may try NOT to download kernel drivers from nVidia's site (installer will ask you that...).So, when you're asked to, just press "No", and drivers will be compiled from the existing package.
    It might sound stupid, but re-check if the package is really for your card.
    I made a BT module for my card (nVidia 7600-probably(?) the same drivers) which i'm using with LiveCD, but i'm not sure if i can share it because i still didn't get an answer from nVidia regarding their policy about private drivers builds...

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=download&id=2229

mo2lzm nvidia_driver_for_slax6_2_6_20_9746.mo nvidia.lzm

copy nvidia.lzm to /bt/modules onto your usb or reburn iso after add this module
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post

mo2lzm nvidia_driver_for_slax6_2_6_20_9746.mo nvidia.lzm

copy nvidia.lzm to /bt/modules onto your usb or reburn iso after add this module

Amazingly enough, that module didn't work for my current laptop (Acer aspire 9300-nvidia geforce 7600).But it worked for the other one, the same card.There must be some Voodoo about this nVidia.
    But seriuosly, since you've built the module using nVidia drivers, i presume there's no legal problems with them if you want to put some privately built modules online.Or?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

linux drivers are published under gpl if i remember well so no pb........

have you got some nforce chipset ? if so it's special drivers......
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006