Thread: I've already tried everything , HELP ME PLEASE! )=

Just burned their ISO

Exclamation I've already tried everything , HELP ME PLEASE! )=

Hello, i have problem.. and i am unable to solve it myself so any help would be appreciated.

My english sucks, but try to bear with it.

I have downloaded Backtrack 5 RC3 "64bit GNOME, from utorrent. Then i had DataTravel USB memorystick(16 Gb) and i used http://www.pendrivelinux.com sofware to "burn" it to my usb stick. Then i took stick and placed in the USB port of my laptop, hopefully it goes there. I booted USB and i chose "BackTrack Text - Default Boot Text Mode" Console starts rolling and backround is Backtrack5 logo. After while there is red text "root@bt:~#" cursor is blinking meaning i can type text there, but. it seems i can't. it doesent recognize my keyboard or something i though and i took keyboard of my other computer and used it there. it seems that this keyboard works, so i type "passwd root" and change to my own password, then i type "startx" and i get UI.

then things get crazy. My laptop touchpad doesent work at all, so i take my mouse from PC and plug it there, yes it works but.. it's like drunken mouse, it goes very slow and i can't describe it but i can say it is broken as h*ll. i am like, who gives a sh*t about mosue and start console, but.. it won't start, nothing starts, and nothing works.

I though, there is some porblem with usb or the ISO and i download it again, this time i use "32 bit" version. I wait hour and when download is ready i once again "burn" it to my memorystick and boot it, same problem. okay, im like wth and i start to download BackTrack RC2, while it was downloading i used time to test other backtrack's' on my virtual machine on my pc, and it works like charm, both of them im like fk this.

then i go sleep, today however i burned (rc3 version it to DVD and didn't use USB anymore, since i thought it is broken or something. (btw, i am still downloading RC2 while im making this post) After burning it to disc, i try to boot it.. but same problems are there. Now as you can see, i tried every possible thing i can think of. Is it that my Laptop http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/ac...view-50000006/ doesent work with backtrack at all. I try to answer all questions you guys ask, and i can provide pics too. I really really would appreciate any help i can get.

Thank you.

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: I've already tried everything , HELP ME PLEASE! )=

Hi,
    the problem with Acer Aspire 5553G keyboard and touchpad in Linux is not new. Try to google for "Ubuntu linux on Acer Aspire 5553G keyboard not working" (remove the quotes when googling). It's good to search Ubuntu forums too (after all, BT5 is based on Ubuntu 10.04).
    Here's what I found after quick googling:
    This link leads me to this solution on ubuntuforums.
    On short, it seems a BIOS update could solve your keyboard/touchpad issue.

I recommend you to google more on this issue and, if confirmed from multiple sources, try the BIOS update.
    Check the links I gave you, there's all the BIOS update information there(link for the BIOS image, required BIOS version, etc) ...
    Good luck!
    Last edited by WepWapWee; 01-13-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Just burned their ISO

Lightbulb Re: I've already tried everything , HELP ME PLEASE! )=

Try bt5 r3 from official page and use unetbootin .i have no problem with this

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: I've already tried everything , HELP ME PLEASE! )=

Quote Originally Posted by superbuyro View Post
    Try bt5 r3 from official page and use unetbootin .i have no problem with this
    Jacho said he tried this:
    Backtrack 5 RC3 "64bit GNOME, from utorrent.
    It shouldn't make any difference if it's downloaded from torrent or from official page. And since the boot menu appeared(and he booted "BackTrack Text - Default Boot Text Mode"), I think he correctly completed the "burn-to-USB" procedure.
    Btw, superbuyro: are you using Acer Aspire 5553G too? If yes, maybe you and Jacho should compare the BIOS revisions on your laptops...