Thread: MSF bug?

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation MSF bug?

Hi everyone,

I installed BT4 Final (on a VM) a couple of days ago and while working with MSF I noticed that if I type more than 61 chars the cursor shifts to the left, going behind the msf> prompt. For example when using multi/handler, I can only type 31 chars before the cursor shifts, making it impossible to work (can't even set the payload). This is all happening with msfconsole.
    Msfweb isn't presenting the same problem. Has anyone experienced this or is it just me?
    I attached a couple of screenshot to show the situation.

BackTrack 4 Final-2010-01-18-07-08-52.jpg

BackTrack 4 Final-2010-01-18-07-07-48.jpg

Default Re: MSF bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffer0verflow View Post
    Hi everyone,

I installed BT4 Final (on a VM) a couple of days ago and while working with MSF I noticed that if I type more than 61 chars the cursor shifts to the left, going behind the msf> prompt. For example when using multi/handler, I can only type 31 chars before the cursor shifts, making it impossible to work (can't even set the payload). This is all happening with msfconsole.
    Msfweb isn't presenting the same problem. Has anyone experienced this or is it just me?
    I attached a couple of screenshot to show the situation.
    I had the same issue with backtrack 4 pre, but i just kept writing and everything worked fine.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: MSF bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    I had the same issue with backtrack 4 pre, but i just kept writing and everything worked fine.
    It will work if you keep writing but if you modify the text after the cursor shifts (like using backspace) it will return an error. It's quite a pain but as you say it does work.
    I found out the problem presents itself only in KDE. Without starting the GUI it works just fine.
    By the way, no other application is behaving the same way, just MSF.
    Any ideas?