Thread: dsniffer and Ettercap

Just burned his ISO

Default dsniffer and Ettercap

Hello everyone, itís my first time using the BackTrack and its amazing what we can do with it without install anything in HDD, actually itís hard to believe how we can get all this stuff for free, its amazing. Of course I got some questions to do because Iím not pro

So my first question itís about the sniffers in linux, basically in Windows everyone know that sniffers are easy to use and I still know what the sniffers does and how to work with them because at this moment there is a lot of tutorials in the Internet that can help us how to use the BackTrack. Iím using the sniffers in my Network and I canít sniff, I was testing the dsniff and Ettercap, some times with Ettercap I can sniff some password but itís really rare the capture, with dsniff I think Iím doing all the commands correctly but I still cant sniff, and my question about this is dsniff only sniff Wireless computers or its possible to sniff from all computers? Because is still donít working. Thanks for all.

Quote Originally Posted by bangy View Post
    Hello everyone, itís my first time using the BackTrack and its amazing what we can do with it without install anything in HDD, actually itís hard to believe how we can get all this stuff for free, its amazing. Of course I got some questions to do because Iím not pro

So my first question itís about the sniffers in linux, basically in Windows everyone know that sniffers are easy to use and I still know what the sniffers does and how to work with them because at this moment there is a lot of tutorials in the Internet that can help us how to use the BackTrack. Iím using the sniffers in my Network and I canít sniff, I was testing the dsniff and Ettercap, some times with Ettercap I can sniff some password but itís really rare the capture, with dsniff I think Iím doing all the commands correctly but I still cant sniff, and my question about this is dsniff only sniff Wireless computers or its possible to sniff from all computers? Because is still donít working. Thanks for all.

Apart from telling us that you are trying to use dsniff and Ettercap unsuccessfully, you have not told us anything that we can use to help you.
    If you were to tell us what harware you are using and what exact commands, then someone may be able to shed some light on what you are doing wrong.