some weeks ago i found an old Netgear WG111v2 with RTL8187L and, running BT5 with Parallels, i did some test with aircrack ecc.
After few minutes the connection goes down and i remembered what was the problem, the disconnections that makes the adapter useless.
After some research on Google i didn't find a real solution.
This problems sounds like a overheating problem (fixable) or some buffer problem (hope that netgear's eng. not so stupid ).
So finally i fixed it in this way (luckly was an overheating problem!):
Now this adapter works up to 48h and the sink is really hot, but all work great.
Hope this is usefull for all of you that have this adapters that works great with BT (now!)