Thread: Autopwn Help

Just burned his ISO

Default Autopwn Help

I know this has been brought up before so I read every post and blog reference I could find on the topic. I thought I finally had autopwn working. I am working on a fresh copy of Backtrack installed on the hard disk. Did all the updating from the blog.metasploit.com/2006/09/metasploit-30-automated-exploitation] and followed Delusr's guide on the forum to get it working

It seems like when I run the ./start-db_autopwn the metasploit3 folder in the /home/postgres does not get created. This is more than likely something stupid that I am missing. Please Help, Thanks in Advance. Here is what I'm getting

bt framework3 # start-db_autopwn; sudo -s
    /usr/bin/start-db_autopwn: line 3: 18583 Segmentation fault sudo -u postgres initdb /home/postgres/metasploit3 2>/dev/null
    [************************************************** ************][*] Postgres should be setup now. To run db_autopwn, please:[*] # su - postgres[*] # cd /pentest/exploits/framework3
    {*] # ./msfconsole[*] msf> load db_postgres
    [************************************************** ************]
    bt framework3 #
    Edit/Delete Message

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by LunchBox View Post
    I know this has been brought up before so I read every post and blog reference I could find on the topic. I thought I finally had autopwn working. I am working on a fresh copy of Backtrack installed on the hard disk. Did all the updating from the blog.metasploit.com/2006/09/metasploit-30-automated-exploitation] and followed Delusr's guide on the forum to get it working

It seems like when I run the ./start-db_autopwn the metasploit3 folder in the /home/postgres does not get created. This is more than likely something stupid that I am missing. Please Help, Thanks in Advance. Here is what I'm getting

bt framework3 # start-db_autopwn; sudo -s
    /usr/bin/start-db_autopwn: line 3: 18583 Segmentation fault sudo -u postgres initdb /home/postgres/metasploit3 2>/dev/null
    [************************************************** ************][*] Postgres should be setup now. To run db_autopwn, please:[*] # su - postgres[*] # cd /pentest/exploits/framework3
    {*] # ./msfconsole[*] msf> load db_postgres
    [************************************************** ************]
    bt framework3 #
    Edit/Delete Message
    As I told you before the root acount needs to be created. Delusr has a thread which explains the solution. should be easy to locate