Thread: New iso to share :D

Default New iso to share :D

################################################## ##
    This has nothing to do officially or unofficially with the development of BT2, BT2-bugfixreliz, BT3, BT4 or BTx
    Please donīt post about this subject to any other place than this thread or pm me (we donīt want any mods to get angry, donīt we?).

Whatīs this?

I had some spare time and energy (definitely too much), so I made my "updated" backtrack iso. Yes, "you probably should wait for bt3" but whereīs all the fun ?

ADMIN EDITED:

Please do not use our resources to develop, maintain, test and distribute your own full livecd iso.
    If you wish to share your own driver/program updates, fully tested & reliable modules is the way to go....

ExitOnly@

-----------------------------------------------------
    Learn to live, but live to learn, eh?

This thread is closed temporarily pending a discussion by the moderators and admins.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by ExitOnly@ View Post
    And I thought this would be enough...........
    Whilst your efforts may be quite commendable in general, advertising your modded BT iso as an "interim v03 release" is somewhat incorrect, to say the least!

This is NOT an interim release of BT3 and is NOT sanctioned by the Remote-Exploit team at all.

We feel that however misleading the choice of name for your iso may or may not be to BT users within these forums, simply providing an alternative BT based iso within our forums (and especially with the inference of it being an interim BT release), is not going to benefit our users as a whole.

I appreciate that you've made a clear statement within your thread, showing that this is an *unofficial* BT based iso, but how is this statement to be maintained if the iso were to be shared through other channels (torrents/file sharing sites, etc) for example?
    I'm sure that you can appreciate that having unofficial iso's appearing through any web-based medium, carrying names relating to the BackTrack name, such as "BT Interim v03" will eventually lead to confusion.
    Further, imagine if such products were of a significantly inferior quality, or even of a malicious nature (I am not suggesting this of yours)
    Obviously, we wouldn't want to have any connection whatsoever, however loosely inferred, with such a product.

The very nature of Slax's modular approach is to encourage the creation of additional unofficial modules that a user can simply drop into place, if desired.
    Perhaps that would be a better approach to offering updated programs/drivers, etc, when aimed at an existing distro?

If anyone wants to create and distribute their own *complete* BT based livecd iso, then within these forums is not the proper place to develop it.
    It would be more correct, or ethical, to host such a project completely externally from the Remote-Exploit/BackTrack community sites, ensure a completely unrelated name, whilst offering proper credit to the original source from which it is forked.
    This is generally how Open Source projects operate and thrive, imho.
    Distributing it and asking for BT forum members to help you test & develop it within the BT forums is not within such ethical parameters.

The BT team has worked hard to build and maintain a reputation for integrity and quality. I am sure everyone can understand and respect that.