Thread: Session Hijacking!

Hybrid View

Default Session Hijacking!

Hello all,

I've been playing with backtrack for a little while now as I am trying to make a career move from VB.net software development to network security. As part of this migration program I have been spending much time reading and watching various mile2 and other security course material, to familiarize myself with the tools available and brush up my Linux skills before enrolling on the offensive security course.

Recently I have been looking at session hijacking and have been intrigued by the whole technique. I now have this hunger to see what tools are available and what protocols/ sessions are at risk. I have been reading and google-ing my nuts off but I can’t seem to get the information that I require. The applications that keep cropping up are;
    T-Sight – Which I have seen a demo but looks a little too point and click, I prefer to learn how to do things properly and understand them.
    Juggernaut – Which I can find little to no documentation on
    Hunt – Which has little documentation. (Does this tool support SSH?)
    IP-Watcher – I’m not quite sure this tool belongs to the right family

Does anyone know if any of the Linux based of these tools are included in backtrack and I just can’t find them? Can they be added as Slax-ware modules? Can anyone point me in the right direction of documentation for these or other session hijacking tools available?

Also, any pointers on how to penetrate the network security industry would be really useful, such as which courses are regarded more highly etc?

Thanks for your time.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

offensive-security from backtrack creators provide some marvelous courses....

OFFENSIVE SECURITY 101
    http://www.offensive-security.com/offsec101.php

"Offensive Security 101" is a course designed for network administrators and security professionals who need to get acquainted with the world of offensive security. The course introduces the latest hacking tools and techniques, and includes remote live labs for exercising the material presented to the students.

This course gives a solid understanding of the penetration testing process, and is equally important for those wanting to either defend or attack their network.

ISC2 has accredited Offensive Security 101 with 40 ISC2 CPE Credits.

BACKTRACK WIFU
    http://www.offensive-security.com/wifu.php
    "Offensive Security Wireless Attacks", also known as "BackTrack WiFu" is a course designed for penetration testers and security enthusiasts who need to learn to implement various active and passive Wireless (802.11 2.4 GHz) attacks. The course is based on the Wireless Attack suite - Aircrack-ng.
    The course was designed by Thomas d'Otreppe and Mati Aharoni in an attempt to organise and summarise today's relevant WiFi attacks. This course will kick-start your WiFu abilities, and get you cracking WEP and WPA using the latest tools and attacks in no time!

BACKTRACK TO THE MAX
    http://www.offensive-security.com/b2m.php

BackTrack to the Max" is a course designed for seasoned security professionals who want to learn about the inner workings of BackTrack. Topics such as offensive scripting, VPN auditing, Software Exploitation, Web Application Auditing and more are discussed. This course gives an advanced understanding of the penetration testing process -using BackTrack - and is a highly recommended course for security auditors. This course is still under development. The release of "BackTrack to the Max" has been delayed until the BackTrack 3 release.
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Developer

I don't know any thing about hunt or jugernaught but the seem intresting. I just down loaded them and I play around with them a little late. there is a lot of tools from here http://www.phenoelit-us.org/
    on the backtrack cd or you may be interested in a set of perl scripts called p.a.t.h. which is available on source forge. I'll post back later with my opinion of theses tools. I'm sure others have probably heard of them. If you mererly want to impesonate a ap or another machine there are many tools for this on the cd.here is another site which lists some tools http://www.l0t3k.org/security/tools/hijacking/

Thank's for your input people.

I've been thinking of doing the Offensive Security IT sec course for some time, just making sure that i brush up my Linux skills first so that i can make the most of the time available.

I'll check out the links properly as soon as i've got time but they're looking pretty good at first glance so cheers for thoughs.

Let me know if you have any more information to share.

Cheers