Thread: cracking wep with mac filtering

Hybrid View

killswitch92

Default cracking wep with mac filtering

i read xploitz tutorials on cracking wep and connecting to a mac filter enabled router with a fake mac address, but can i crack wep on a router with mac filtering enabled? if i can do i use the ways xploitz showed in the tutorials?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

yep the thing is to have an authorized client mac.........
    you do a macchange operation on your card before attack

FAKE=00:11:22:33:44:55 (put your client mac here)

down your card

macchanger --mac $FAKE 'iface name'

after you do your association and all commands using your faked mac........
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

killswitch92

thanks but i dont completely understand lol. im a noob at this i barely know anything about linux.

so i have to know a mac address that has access? how would i find that out?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

well if it's your ap you must know that !!!

so ii can bet you're trying to break into a network that don't belong to you........

so you will get no help from me

REREAD forum rules :

DO NOT POST ABOUT BREAKING INTO NETWORKS THAT DON'T BELONG TO YOU !!!

WE DO NOT SUPPORT ANY KIND OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES HERE !!!!
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

killswitch92

well honestly i dont even know how to find my own mac address =/ the only 1s i ever see is when i crack a wep i see the routers mac address and the fake 1 when i put my card into monitor mode

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by killswitch92 View Post
    well honestly i dont even know how to find my own mac address =/ the only 1s i ever see is when i crack a wep i see the routers mac address and the fake 1 when i put my card into monitor mode
    Then you obviously shouldn't be using BackTrack.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Thumbs down Another one earns "The flaming Atomic Finger"

This assholes account has been banned for PM'n me the following.......

Title:
    Re: can u help me out

Quote Originally Posted by killswitch92
    im a real noob with this stuff but i read 2 of ur tutorials, cracking wep and connecting with a fake mac address. now can u help me with cracking a wep with a router that has mac filtering enabled? how do i do it? i know its illegal but i really want to learn and stuff and it would really help me out in the situation im in. please help me out. btw ur tutorials r great!!

BTW..It really pisses me off because in his first PM I told him to post any questions that he had in the forum..and not to PM me. (I didn't save his message) and then he responded with this..and he said he used my tutorials to help him accomplish his dirty deeds.....and that really pissed me off I know it can't be avoided, but .....

to you Mr wanna be Black Hat Cracker..I salute you with this parting gift.

Enjoy you PERMANENT ban.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

That flaming finger is great , I hope it isn't copyrighted or something(I'm gonna use it as the background for my companies support ticket system )

On a separate note, before you close this thread and move it to dumb thread heaven, just to clarify, if I have mac filtering enabled on my AP, I would need an active client communicating with the AP in order for my attack computer to connect to the AP, assuming that I deauth the client and impersonate that client using its mac address. Essentially saying that unless you have an active client when using mac filtering, you don't have much of a chance of getting on to that AP. Yay or nay?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by elazar View Post
    That flaming finger is great , I hope it isn't copyrighted or something(I'm gonna use it as the background for my companies support ticket system )

On a separate note, before you close this thread and move it to dumb thread heaven, just to clarify, if I have mac filtering enabled on my AP, I would need an active client communicating with the AP in order for my attack computer to connect to the AP, assuming that I deauth the client and impersonate that client using its mac address. Essentially saying that unless you have an active client when using mac filtering, you don't have much of a chance of getting on to that AP. Yay or nay?
    In a Black box pentesting situation I would airodump or kismet my target network and then record all macs in use. then return at night and use the collected macs thereby ensuring that the real owner of the mac doesn't connect while you are using his credentials