Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT3 Firefox wish list

Default BT3 Firefox wish list

Some things that I would like to see applied to BT3 (AKA BT3 Firefox wish list)

I would like to see a few more Firefox extras.

Plugins

• Fireftp
    • User Agent Switcher
    • Adblock plus
    • Chatzilla
    • Tamper Data
    • Live HTTP headers
    • Grease monkey
    • Hackbar

Search systems from (http://mycroft.mozdev.org)

• Wiki
    • Google maps

the following can be found here

• Milw0rm
    • Packetstorm
    • Slax modules
    • Snort
    • Vulnerability & Exploit Search
    • mySQL reference
    • CPAN Search (all)
    • PHP - Smarty
    • PHP - PECL
    • Python.org
    • Ruby Standard Library
    • RFC Search
    • PostgreSQL 8.2

The plug ins were chosen to save time by placing common applications within the browser thus saving time by having to load other applications which can be time consuming on PCs with slow CD players.

I know these consume memory but the memory required is minimal if Firefox is tweaked.

As per the search systems they were chosen to help the moderators within this site now they can tell people to search other places then just Google

Cheers keep up the good work.

2 full witted people and a half witted person equals 1 full witted person

i don't think its necessary to add Firefox extras.
    maybe it helps you to work faster but does it make sens to add it to a distro like backtrack?

More add-ons make the browser run slower and consume more memory. I prefer a lean install and let people add what they want.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

i think that instead of this, someone, possibly the poster, should come up with a way of installing and running firefox off of a thumb drive in bt2/3.

That way you can have your nice, slim browser or a big feature laden beast.

Default BT3 changelog

Sorry if I missed it but is there a tentative changelog between BT2 and BT3? Then, we would know what to expect as well as what features to ask for...

Thanks

Alacrity

Quote Originally Posted by alacityathome View Post
    Sorry if I missed it but is there a tentative changelog between BT2 and BT3? Then, we would know what to expect as well as what features to ask for...

Thanks

Alacrity
    Take a look here at what has been requested thus far and feel free to add. Far as knowing what will be included in BT3 will probably not be announced till release.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Just burned his ISO

Default flash downloader

download flash vids

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    More add-ons make the browser run slower and consume more memory. I prefer a lean install and let people add what they want.
    Point taken so do you think beryl is going to improve this lean distro?

Firefox speed issue fix in 1 line within about:config browser.cache.memory.capacity = -1

When running BT2 as a live distro straight from a CD (even thou I have a rig with it installed) the last thing I want to do is spend an extra 20 minutes setting it up, as when i'm forced to use the live CD its normally on site where my machine is running on batteries giving me 10-20% less time actually making money from my services.

Quote Originally Posted by delusr View Post
    When running BT2 as a live distro straight from a CD (even thou I have a rig with it installed) the last thing I want to do is spend an extra 20 minutes setting it up, as when i'm forced to use the live CD its normally on site where my machine is running on batteries giving me 10-20% less time actually making money from my services.
    So do a USB Stick install with changes mod and save yourself that 20 mins setting up.

Remove your HDD and have it run fun for 30-40% longer than if you were running it from cd.
    Or leave your HDD in and still have it run for 15-20% longer than if you were running it from cd.

Also an inverter is a wise investment.

Firefox extensions are a personal choice to add what you as an individual needs, personally I don't want to have my system bogged down with extensions I have not chosen to install myself.

This forum will be one that I read when I have issues and one that I will not contribute to in the future.

Not a very good way to build a community of shared knowledge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast